Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please tell me how much gas our tank will fill with before th pump stops filling? I know we have a 20 gallon tank, but everytime im on E and I fill up i only get like 16 gallons in or so before it stops pumping. I wonder if my gauge is off?

Has anyone run out of gas and filled the tank up, seeing what it actually will take from the pump? Im dying to know?

some one must know,
thanks alot
Brandon;)

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
thats kinda funny.

the other day i was filling my car up.. i finished pumping the gas and got in. i sat for a second just so i could see the sight of a full tank. I waited for a minute and it didnt go past the full line like it usually does. I got back out of the car and started pumping again, the gas tank shut it off again after like 10 seconds, so i pressed the handle on the gas gun thing again.. next thing i knew i had shot gas all over my ass from filling up the tank to much.

happy days.

·
Banned
9,895 Posts
yeah, I ran mine out of gas.... put in 2 gallons of gas..... drove 10 miles to the gas station.... put in 19.8 gallons :).

I guess I should have calibrated my fuel gauge after the installation of the new gauge faces.... that or I should have paid attention to when the trip odometer hit 500 miles :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts