Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
1 STUNNA
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of doing a heavy engine rebuild. Completely internally and externally rebuilt. I was wondering if it ok to use The Denso Iridium IK 26/27 due to high boost(phantom turbos) and a NX nitrous system. Thanks Emory

·
Registered
8,762 Posts
I'm going to try the IQ27 or IK27 when I do my 16G install. I'm not sure if they'll resist fouling while cruising around town. I have my fuel set up almost perfectly so we'll see.

·
Senior Fanatic
6,011 Posts

·
perpetual college student
3,903 Posts
I fouled my IK27's in less than a week, lol ... went to the cheap copper plugs now, since it really is not that difficult to change plugs

·
Registered
8,762 Posts
A week huh? How good's your gas mileage? Does it ever sit on rich for more than 5-6 seconds when you're just cruising or idling?

If you get 18+MPG and it never sits on rich then I may have to go with the IK24 or IQ24's...they're two ranges colder than stock. Fouling a set of 27's would be a costly mistake. :googly:

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
We run IK27's all the time, no problems here. Just need to be VERY careful when gapping, it's easy to destroy them. We use them in all of our cars, what we did is to run different plugs back to back with the dataloigger on the same car, and the IK27's faired the best in terms of overall running and knock sums. Iridiums are very strange... IK22 is the PFR6J-11 replacement plug, I would not run these at all, they are NOT right..already tried them..

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Brian GT PRO said:
Iridiums are very strange... IK22 is the PFR6J-11 replacement plug, I would not run these at all, they are NOT right..already tried them..
Would you please elaborate on what you found wrong with them, fouling, misfire? Your experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
What we found with the IK22's is that knock sums would hit very soon, sooner than with stock plugs, seemed strange.. Datalogged back to back with IK22, 6J-11's, IK24, and IK27's. even lightly modded cars liked the IK27's much better and showed cleaner logs..

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Brian GT PRO said:
What we found with the IK22's is that knock sums would hit very soon, sooner than with stock plugs, seemed strange.. Datalogged back to back with IK22, 6J-11's, IK24, and IK27's. even lightly modded cars liked the IK27's much better and showed cleaner logs..
Brian,

Thanks very much for your reply.

Jeff

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.