Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother has a Clifford car starter, ignition kill in his Honda Accord. He is able to press a button on his remote and the car continues to run for about five minutes while keys have been removed from ignition. His car is an automatic. Could I do this on my 92 Stealth RT/TT 5 speed? It would save me having to buy a turbo timer.

·
Just Bring It
2,835 Posts
No, you can't use a remote starter as a turbo timer. The Turbo timer runs after you turn the car off, whereas the Remote starter, starts the car to warm it up. Also, it is illegal to have a remote starter on a Manual Transmission.

But, there is an Car Alarm by clifford that keep your car running for 1 minute after you remove your keys and arm the car. That essentially would work as a turbo timer. I am not sure about the model number.

Tuan Luu
1994 3000GT Base

·
510 Posts
Tuan,

I don't know where you live, but I'd be hardpressed to say it's illegal to have a remote starter on a manual transmission here in Ca...Most (if not all) remote starter/turbo timers have a safety built in, that the car's Parking brake must be engaged for them to work.

By the way, I believe any of the Clifford G4 series of alarms will support the integrated turbo timer, as I have stated in previous posts...

Dan J
94 Stealth TT

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
they have that parking brake feature but you don't have to hook it up. AMHIK

·
Just Bring It
2,835 Posts
I thought that MT Starters were illegal everywhere. I do know that they are not legal in VA, because if you start the car while in gear the car will lurch forward possibly into something.

Tuan Luu
1994 3000GT

PS. I know people that have them though, oh and don't worry about posting old topics again. People do it all the time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts