Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A mechanic blew my automatic transmission that was in my car by installing my torque converter wrong, I have a spare AWD transmission from Japan that came with the car, Can this fit and work in my car? I have FWD

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
May I ask what model needs to be done? Is it expensive?

A mechanic blew my automatic transmission that was in my car by installing my torque converter wrong, I have a spare AWD transmission from Japan that came with the car, Can this fit and work in my car? I have FWD
Not without modification.

17,146 Posts
I'm not sure the extent of damage, but its probably easier to just replace the front pump on the trans he damaged.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes - I just made a post about my car that was done over 15 years ago. There is some modification.

Since it is a bigger trans it is worth the effort from my experience

·
Fast, but Safe
1,239 Posts
I had a converted TT 5 speed in my 1994 RT FWD when we converted to TT. The TT 5 speed is a couple lbs heavier, and geared taller. I know there has been a couple of the AWD to FWD converted trannies mentioned over the years. It may not be breeze, but can be done and it'll hold up a whole lot better than the NA auto.

Someone on here should know where to find info on the conversion.

ominousone

·
Premium Member
6,742 Posts
I had a converted TT 5 speed in my 1994 RT FWD when we converted to TT. The TT 5 speed is a couple lbs heavier, and geared taller. I know there has been a couple of the AWD to FWD converted trannies mentioned over the years. It may not be breeze, but can be done and it'll hold up a whole lot better than the NA auto.

Someone on here should know where to find info on the conversion.

ominousone
Once again... Nobody is trying to, or talking about swapping in a Getrag.

He asked about using an AWD W4A33 Auto in his FWD that came with an F4A33.

·
Fast, but Safe
1,239 Posts
Whoops, my bad.

ominousone

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Once again... Nobody is trying to, or talking about swapping in a Getrag.

He asked about using an AWD W4A33 Auto in his FWD that came with an F4A33.
i am still stuck, i cant find a good auto trans any where on earth without buying the whole car. the car has been sitting 2 months now. I cannot afford a rebuild which is 3k where i am here in FL.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts