Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 94 base 3000 and I am wanting to remove the clear headlight covers from the car and repaint the already red paint around the headlights black. Afterwards I am going to put the clear covers back on, but I am not sure how to get them off. I have redone my tri-star in black and I have also tinted my windows, and I was wondering if it is possible to repaint those headlight things. any suggestions on how to do this or if it is even possible??? Thanks in advance

[This message has been edited by Red3K (edited January 05, 2000).]

·
Just Bring It
2,835 Posts
I know you can, someone on this board has already done it, but you have to search on this board, I can't remeber who did it

Tuan Luu
1994 3000GT

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had my headlight inserts repainted. I had my whole car professionaly repainted from Black to Zurich White Pearl. You will need to take the car to a professional bodu shop and have them seperate and break the seal of the headlight. They really don't like to break a factory seal on the headlights so you may have to do a little talking. They got mine apart and repainted. They had to break the seal again on the passenger side headlight and reseal it again because it had a slight moisture problem. As of now, they seem fine. It sure beats paying $500 a piece for new headlight assemblies. Good Luck

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My suggestion is: do it right, or don't do it at all. The seal of these headlights is tight! If you force it, you'll chip, or worse, shatter the whole light.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts