Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
No surrender!
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can my VR-4 with mods listed below take a stock 94 auto twin turbo supra.

What would it take for a 94 Auto Twin turbo Supra to take my VR-4 with it's mods/upgrades?

·
Got Boost?
4,242 Posts
Been to the track yet? What sort of traps are you running? I would think that it would take a 105+mph trap to outrun the stock SupraTT, but don't quote me on it.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Fastest Stock Auto (94) Supra TT I've heard of with wastegate hose pulled is 12.988. It all depends....... If you have absolutely no problem with running faster then that, then sure.

·
No surrender!
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I havn't been to the track since the mods.
No Qtr mile tracks close by.
I'd probly be running this Supra in the 1/8th

How well do the supras trap in the 1/8th? I know I can trap atleast 80mph.

I guess it's safe to say i shouldn't do a 20mph roll w/ this supra.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
You will probably hand him/her his ass in the 1/8th.

·
Got Boost?
4,242 Posts
Well, I was running 8.3-8.4 in the 1/8th at around 84-85mph on a hot day. Mods are in sig, above. That was enough to hold off EVERY Supra that I ran against that day (BPUs on pump and race gas - that includes a 480+hp single turbo that was trapping at 123mph...) in the 1/8th of a mile. I was able to hold off EVERY BPU SupraTT that was running pump gas and I was 2 out of 4 on the one BPU SupraTT on race gas in the 1/4. Gave me 13.0x sec runs consistantly. (92deg air temp and 88% humidity)

If you can launch, you will easily win. A great launch will net you a 2-3 cars on a SupraTT out of the hole. A *good* launch will get you around 2 cars out of the hole. Try to get your 60ft down to the 1.8x range. Trust me, drag racing is all about the 60ft time. That is what makes/breaks a run.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Sceptor said:
thats fucked up if that auto supra stock beats you with those mods..just make sure you launch well and it should be all good
Dude, where have you been?? HE DIDN'T EVEN RACE YET

·
The Wizard Of Aaahhhhh's
1,596 Posts
RacerRT...you might want to re-read sceptors post....he said IF THAT AUTO SUPRA STOCK BEATS YOU...

·
Registered
611 Posts
I beat a stock 94 6spd supra TT, well he had intake and was lowered if that makes any difference. My mods are listed bellow

won, 2-2.5 cars from 0 - 100mph damn good launch
lost , 1-1.5 car from 80mph -150+mph

I also have a passenger

So i think you will waste him. Make sure you get a good launch.
Good luck.

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
VR-4 is rated as faster stock. Plus if he has regular tires on you should have no problems. But some people on here do surprise me with their times. Forget who but he had a 2nd gen with quite a few mods and his best time was 13.1-2 or something which is what they should run stock right?

-Jeff

·
Registered
841 Posts
it's all in the launch... if u can launch it properly (daz not hard, on a vr4) and if he screws up his launch (daz easy on a supra), u will def get the holeshot advantage. want a sure way to win? end the race before the 1/4 ;-) AWD is GREAT for the 1/8th...

·
Registered
466 Posts
TT supras are fast no matter if it's auto or manual..... but if you have those mods and you can take off you might be able to beat it......
------
gl

danny

·
More Than Meets the Eye
4,632 Posts
BPU automatic = 8.5 @ 90 in the 1/8 on 93 pump, with a 2.3 60ft time.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Let me shed some light on the false Supra myth.

My best friend owns a Supra TT auto. His mods re as follows:

Open element airfilter.
Open exhaust, no cats at all.
Boost controller, 16psi.
Cam gear on exhaust.
Front mount intercooler.
Level 3 auto trans with a 3XXX rpm stall.

His best time is a 12.8 @116 mph.

This car is perfectly tuned, as an electrical engineer he knows his shit. He though he would run high 11's, not the case.

His second turbo just falied and his auto tranny was shot after only 12,000 miles with these mods. Bulletproof? NOT QUITE!

I no this car inside and out, I have wrenched on it every weekend all summer long.

Sure, it's fast although thre is no way a supra with $500 in mods is going to run low 12's like everyone believes. This guy has spent $6000 in mods (including the trans).

Another good friend has a Supra TT 6 speed with the folling mods:

Open element airfilter.
Open exhaust, no cats at all.
Boost controller, 16psi.
Cam gear on exhaust.

Best time is 13.5, I am not sure of the trap speed.

To answer you question, please run him and represent us well. You will hand him his ass.

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
Those people you posted time on. I guess couldnt drive very well stock supra should run 13.5 give or take a few tenths.

-Jeff

·
Registered
611 Posts
I fully agree with Nikos 33

Supras are slightly faster from a roll but at the end of the 1/4 mile stock for stock i think thr vr4 has a better chance. Especially with average drivers.

I think with your mods you should just drop the clutch at 4.5-5k and waste him. 1/4 +, just not to 140mph

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.