Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Treblick's Nightmare
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would you pay for a 1992 Dodge Stealth Twin Turbo with the following specs:

-190,000 miles on Body
-under 40,000 miles on 2nd Gen J-spec Engine
-New Kormex 5-speed Tranny (less than 15,000 miles) w/ Hardend Output Shaft
-1999 VR-4 Front Bumper
-1999 VR-4 Sideskirts
-1996 Stealth R/T TT Rear End
-Brand new (Less than 2 months old) Pearl White Paint (Factory color)
-stock Pearl White rims that match Body Color
-Charcoal Grey/Black Leather Interior
-Black tint on windows all around (except windshield)
-Intrax Springs
-16G Turbos
-RPS Stage III Clutch
-Aluminum Flywheel
-HKS EVC IV Boost Controller
-HKS Turbo Timer
-Apex'i SAFC
-Autometer Phantom Boost Guage
-Autometer Phantom A/F Guage
-Supra Fuel Pump
-Custom Fuel Rails (Similar to AAM setup)
-AEM Fuel Pressure Regulator
-550cc Injectors
-FMIC
-Intercooler Hardpipe Kit
-K&N Air filter
-EGR Block-off Plates
-Custom 3" Exhaust with 2- 3 1/2" Tips
-DN Performance Downpipe
-No "Twin Turbo", "Dodge", "Stealth", or "R/T" logos.

Possible Mods-

Forged Pistons
Forged Rods
GT-Pro 368sx Turbos

I have come upon a large sum of money that I was unaware was at my disposal and these are the mods I am planning on doing to my car. I rally love these cars and I want to make mine perfect (it would be if I followed the above mods) and I wanted to only keep it for a while. I would sell it by the very latest the end of summer 2002. What would any of you be willing to pay for this car? I was thinking between $13,000-$16,000 for the car without the forged internals and bigger turbos and around $19,000 for the car with the extra mods done to it.

Please respond with your input. I know I can sell the car as is with a new tranny for around $9,000 but I was wondering if it is worth doing all of these mods before my next "economical" car.

·
Retired
12,235 Posts
I would only pay $15k for it with those mods, but thats just me. I am more for buying broken-stock things and fixing it up. If you are looking to get rid of it that soon, you might as well just make it run perfect, get a paint job, and put the rest of your money into something that appreciates (house, mutual funds)

4,448 Posts
tokaygecko said:
I have come upon a large sum of money that I was unaware was at my disposal and these are the mods I am planning on doing to my car.
jon, with this large sum of money that you are coming upon (including the $1000 that i sent you <b>FOUR WEEKS AGO</b>), please ship my car to me!!!!!

·
Puts Out On 1st Date !
6,344 Posts
How about the manifold I won and paid for on OCTOBER 9TH but have yet to receive ??

How about you refund my $22 like you said you would ???

Let's run this down ~~~

My verification from PayPal 10-10-2001 @ 8:08 a.m.

This email confirms that you sent an auction payment for $22.00 to [email protected] for Stealth Intake Manifold (E-Bay auction #596109383).

30 minutes after you received verification that I paid you my hard earned money. 10-10-2001 @ 8:38 a.m.

I'll send it out first thing tomorrow.

10 days later from me to you. 10-20-2001 @ 10:57 a.m.

Do you have a tracking number ?? I haven't gotten the manifold yet. How did you ship ?? UPS or US Postal ??

3 1/2 days later, after getting no response, I send you this. 10-23-2001 @ 10:33 p.m.

I still haven't gotten the manifold. If you didn't send it yet just refund my $22.00

A day and a half later you finally respond with this. 10-25-2001 @ 1:55 p.m.

I am sorry that it has not been sent out yet. If you still want it, I can send a check for 10.00 with it. I am trying to get rid of my stock pile of parts and I really don't want to keep it. Let me know.

A short 4 hours later I send you this reply. 10-25-2001 @ 6:02 p.m.

If you can get it in the mail tomorrow (Friday) then I'll still take it. I don't need the $10. I'd just like the manifold sent.
Thanks,

After waiting 12 more days without a response I send you this. By this time the auction has been over for 29 days. 11-6-2001 @ 7:32 p.m.

Okay, it's been almost a month since the auction ended and still no manifold. Please just refund my $22.00 and we'll forget about it.

The next day you reply with this. The last I've heard from you. 11-7-2001 @ 3:53 p.m.

sorry, I'll send you your money.

How do you sleep at night ??

Unclesam ~~ I hope this doesn't happen to you. For me it was only $22.00 and I knew the risks of buying on e-bay. I hope you get what you paid for or get your money back. I have a feeling that this statement from him earlier in the post "I have come upon a large sum of money that I was unaware was at my disposal " may be mine/yours and some other peoples money.

Sweet dreams.................

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Your post makes no sense? Why would you dump a bunch of money into a car and then sell it? You will see half if not less of a return from putting all those performance parts on it, so ya around 14,000-15000.
Sounds like you owe some money to some individuals before you buy any mods! :eek:

·
Puts Out On 1st Date !
6,344 Posts
palamarap said:

Sounds like you owe some money to some individuals :eek:
That we'll probably never see !!!!!!

·
Registered
557 Posts
redvr4 said:

That we'll probably never see !!!!!!
Doh!!!!.....any how,mods really don't add to the value of the vehicle......unless of course you find the right buyer willing to pay extra for them.When you go to kelley blue book,NADA,etc,do they ask about "mods"to figure out the value?....No,they have no bearing on it, You will see this first hand if you were to trade it in,the dealer could care less about mods.....further more a heavily modded car to some people=rough and hard driven by previous owner.just my 2 cents

·
Registered
779 Posts
under 40,000 miles on 2nd Gen J-spec Engine
Thats a LOT of miles on a car with that many mods...It's obviously been ragged on probably, and is in need for a new rebuild

·
VA Turbo
1,264 Posts
Hey Jon...I need my AFC and Kevin needs his car. I will call you Monday, thanks.

·
Wrenchmonkey #839
4,979 Posts
$8,000 to $10,000

I would give $8,000-10,000 at the most, seriously.
This car has got a lot of desireable mods but I bet it has been road hard and put way wet. Even if has been treated well 190,000 is a lot of miles, more miles than a car is designed to handle you will have the following to look forward to:

New ball joints, control arm bushings, tie rods, alternators, power steering pumps, engine coolant fans, radiator cores and heater cores, rear differentials, carrier bearings, exhaust, Wheel bearings heater controls steerimg column bearings,
door, and the interior will be rattling apart.

You may not have this many problems but if you plan on putting 60K miles on the car it will have 1/4 of a million miles on it!

Price the cars values based on the value of the engine and trans and the scrap value of the remaining parts.

P.S. I don't trus J-spec engines, If it hasn't been rebuilt its just a used engine that you have no idea of how it ha been treated.

·
No surrender!
2,270 Posts
I agree w/ john somewhat. I would only offer you 6-7k or so for a car with that many miles & the major mods. I see it like chuck said it.

Also want to say..
Who can do that work in such a short time? I'm not trying to be an ass but I will be ready to mod my car in a month or 2 & I want someone that can do the job fast.

Also...
If you ony plan to drive it for a few months mod'd whats the point of modding it? Just sell it as is, you can probly get more money out of it.

Good luck to you ither way, only wish the best for you.

·
OG *** Member
2,742 Posts
Looks like you want to drop ... a good 12-15K into your car then turn around and sell it for that? That makes no sense. Not to mention your fuel controller sucks, and your injectors won't be big enough for 16Gs. I bet 10 to 1 you blow your engine trying to dial those blowers in with that setup.

·
Turbo-Less
8,742 Posts
Man at first I thought this post was going to be a smackdown post... hey guys has he ended up returning your money (or sending the car out??)

·
VA Turbo
1,264 Posts
He ordered my AFC and is shipping Kevin's car, I guess.

·
VA Turbo
1,264 Posts
Haha, soap opera, "...As 3SI Turns" :) :rolleyes: :mad:

·
Puts Out On 1st Date !
6,344 Posts
JeremyG said:
hey guys has he ended up returning your money
NOPE !!!! 2 months and 10 days later, still no manifold or refund. People need to stay clear of this clown.

·
VA Turbo
1,264 Posts
I think he may have gotten my AFC in this week, just have to call.

·
842 Posts
I have come upon a large sum of money that I was unaware was at my disposal and these are the mods ...
The first thing you should do, is CLEAR YOUR debts!!!!!:rolleyes: :( :mad:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts