Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any suggestions? I don't need anything crazy, just something that can take decent photos as well as shoot HD video. I really don't want to spend more than $1000, would like to keep it around $500 if possible.

·
General & A/V Moderator
7,249 Posts
If you have balls...Canon T1I. Otherwise follow the above, or any canon point and shoot model will do just fine.

·
General & A/V Moderator
7,249 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,353 Posts
My mum has the SX10 IS I believe it is - or at least one within the model line - and the only complaint she really has with it is battery life. It's atrocious. We picked it up from NewEgg and you'll definitely want to get a larger memory card as you will fill it up fast if shooting at full resolution, especially if you want to shoot video.

Personally my next camera is the T1i unless Canon comes out with something better in that same price range anytime soon.

·
General & A/V Moderator
7,249 Posts
I really don't want to spend more than $1000, would like to keep it around $500 if possible.
My mum has the SX10 IS I believe it is - or at least one within the model line - and the only complaint she really has with it is battery life. It's atrocious. We picked it up from NewEgg and you'll definitely want to get a larger memory card as you will fill it up fast if shooting at full resolution, especially if you want to shoot video.

Personally my next camera is the T1i unless Canon comes out with something better in that same price range anytime soon.
FTW!
:D

·
I call it like I see it..
13,409 Posts
I have an idea..let me show someone a very capable camera well within their desired price range instead of showing them a more expensive option that they'd rather not take if they don't have to.

Yes the t1i is about $750-1,000..but not everyone wants to invest in an SLR especially when a point and shoot is smaller and every bit the camera they desire for the features they want. The camera I suggested not only cost less in the long run (no need for interchangeable lenses that cost hundreds/thousands) but it also shoots HD video.

Sheesh some folks just HAVE to win

·
General & A/V Moderator
7,249 Posts
:muahaha:
Audible, you know im only messing with you...right? They are all options within his range and i fully expect him to lean towards one of yours based on price. I was merely sparking some interest in "the good stuff".

Remember...

·
I call it like I see it..
13,409 Posts
:muahaha:
Audible, you know im only messing with you...right? They are all options within his range and i fully expect him to lean towards one of yours based on price. I was merely sparking some interest in "the good stuff".

Remember...
I keel you!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts