Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my car currently has no suspension mods and never has. however, the right rear wheel is angled inwards (top of tire is tilted more towards body than the bottom). is this bad camber or do i just need an alignment? also, i am getting intrax springs this winter and was wondering if i should get this fixed before i put on the springs, or after? and what would it involve when the springs are on? i was going to get the car realligned beforehand and then put the springs on and hopefully it will be fine. any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
When the tire is in at the top, and out at the bottom it means it has negative camber. Negative camber is good if you do a lot of road racing, and take corners really fast, but for real world driving its not pratical because it wears out the inner side of your tires real fast. I don't know what the rear camber spec is on our cars, but I'll bet its no more that -1 degree camber. I would put your springs on first then have it aligned. No need to have it done twice unless you hit something. The cause for to much negative camber may not be because its aligned wrong, it could be some of you suspension parts wearing out. Check your rear upper control arm for slop, or wear. Or the rear balljoint could be going bad. Not to alarm you, just pointing out some of the potential causes. If you have it aligned before putting on you springs, you will most likely have to have it done again, because anytime you lower a vehicle it changes your camber. Front and rear will be more negative.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
awesome, thanks for all the info. ill get the springs, install them and then go get the car alligned. hopefully i wont be needing to spend a couple hundred dollars on control arms:cry: , but if i need them, then i need them.. no two ways about it. thanks again for the help.

·
Unknown 3000GT VR4 :**
3,071 Posts
when u lower the 3kgt... ive heard u ALWAYS start to get a negative camber... due to the stock control arm being so wimpy... so i suggest you order the adjustable ones from 3sx. :)
they are great! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts