Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Resident rocket scientist
7,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, some peeps at my school really pissed me off today. A few of them talk a lot of smack to me about how their STOCK six banger mustangs and camaros would rape me in a street race. I generally ignore them, especially since they're the ones starting the conversation, but they've really been iritating me lately. They talk so much about how crap my car is compared to theirs with a hint of jealousy in their voices. And i just had some other guy argue with me on AIM over how his stock firebird would kill me. Now, I'm not much of a street racer, but there is a time where I just draw the line. I'm soooooo tired of all these sh*t talkers coming up to me and rambling. I know it's part of owning the car, but the ignorance of these idiots really gets to me.

Anyways, I'm not posting to rant, I'm posting to validate these claims. I always thought the six-banger rustangs were slower than an n/a 3s. I'm really not too sure about six-banger Camaros and Firebirds though. So are these guys' cars faster than ours?

Even IF their car was faster than mine, at least I can live with the fact that my car looks better. :) :p

BTW, these guys all drive autos.

·
Unce unce
486 Posts
Mustangs and camero V6's are chump change. You'll stomp the hell out of them. Especially if they're stock. It'll be closer if they have a manual, but I'm pretty sure you'll still win. I'm just judging by how extremely bad I beat a few of those. The V6 Mustang was pretty much standing still at the light. The camero was a little better, but it was from a roll. Still pulled really hard on them. I have a manual, but I doubt it'll change enough to make you lose.

·
hangsout w/ his wang out
2,555 Posts
smokinvr-4 said:
you should get a VR-4 that looks exactly like yours and remove the vr-4 and twin turbo badges and then go rip the hell out of all of them:D :evil1: :evil1: :evil1: :evil1:
HELL YEAH!

·
Q-Bert
309 Posts
Camaro

I dont know man. My brothers V6 Camaro beat my 91 auto SL from a stop. He had a good car length on me the whole time. My car isnt running that great however. It has an exhaust leak and could use a tune up. I just had my car dynoed too and it is only 162HP to the wheels and thats with an exhaust, intake and UDP. I am not too impressed with that number.

·
Registered
680 Posts
i have an automatic sl and i beat a 5.o mustang from a roll by a fender length and my car is pretty slow. don't get me wrong i love 5.0's and real mustangs (gt's and cobras) there my favorite car, but u should be able to beat that v-6 mustang wannabe.

p.s i have a venom fuel pump, venom 400, and plugs and wires so that might have made a difference

·
3/S Addict
1,561 Posts
Get a good launch and you won't loose to them, 3KGT autos aren't all that fast, but we are talking about auto rustangs and firebirds! I pulled a 14.8 in my manual and have KILLED some V6 stangs and firebirds (by around 10 car lengths). Good luck!

·
Resident rocket scientist
7,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well the talking wasn't nearly as bad as it was yesterday. I only got a few comments from some of the guy's friends about how i should race him and get it over with. And I'm just about to reach that point.

neophytal - racing n/a v6's is nothing. You should see some of the crap that goes around here in my hometown. Tiny little Geo Metro's farting around and racing each other is soooo common around here. It's crazy. You might as well call this place rice city.

prodigy - haha good one I'll be sure to slip that comment in next time they start runnin their mouth again.

Twinsen - Heck yeah i know what you're talkin about. But I always though Trans Am's and Camaro SS's were 5.7s.

You all are right though, there is only one way to find out, and if I ever decide to draw the line, I'll be sure and fill you all in on the race.

·
Formerlly Ps933kgt
6,968 Posts
i have raced a few american v6s that were stick.....they jumped me off the line but once we hit around 20-27mph i started to walk past them pretty easily. That was with a stick, he is going to be racing automatics as well so i dont think he is going to have any problems

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.