Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I was on my way home from a long and hard day's work and about two minutes from my house I suddenly begin to think of Camaros (my girlfriend owns one, I guess that's why) and guess what suddenly popped up in my rear view mirror? A Camaro with nice mint-colored headlights. So I think to myself, "Hmm...a slowmaro...", and I wanted to know how slow they really were. Don't get me wrong, I have never done any research on a Camaro or have anything against them, it was just something I heard from a while back and it just made me laugh.

Anywho...so I'm in the right lane doing the speed limit, 45mph, and the Camaro tries to pass me in the left lane, but is blocked by some truck, so he couldn't do a flyby right at the start. We approach the first stoplight, and a car is in front of me, and the truck in front of him. So, nothing special here. The next stoplight is about a mile or two down the road, but halfway to it, the Camaro breaks free of his blockade and shoots past me at about 60mph just to show me that he wanted a taste of the Black Wolf. So finally, we're about to come up to the next light, but a van pulls out in front of me (I'm in the left lane now, he's in the right) but to my surprise, the van exits to the turning lane.

So there we are, side by side. VR-4 and Camaro (don't ask me what year/model, I know shit about Camaros, but it was a recent model). I turn down the music that I was blaring, I retract the sunroof, and hope that this guy actually wanted to run because this would be my first stop light battle (had a few highway runs not really worth mentioning :D ). With my music almost turned off, I could hear his engine idle, and it was pretty loud, so I don't think it was stock, but again, I know shit about Camaros. My palms become a bit sweaty and my heartrate had increased slightly, but I knew I was ready for the green. However, I chose not to pre-rev (if I knew he was going to go for it, I would have) so...

The light went green, and he gunned it, and THAT was when was it was offical. He had maybe a half a second jump on me until I launched. I was surprised to see him actually pulling away from me, but as my revolutions became faster, I reeled him in in no time. I watched the tachometer rise to 7,000 and that's when he no longer pulled from me. Popped it into second and almost instantly passed him and by the end of second gear (around 70mph) I had a few car lengths on him and I decided to shut it down because there were usually a lot of cops out in this area. After that short 10 seconds was over, he coward behind a bunch of cars, and I was trying to let him catch up, but after I passed through a third light, the light went yellow, and he stopped on that yellow. I sighed, but continued to drive slowly to give him another chance, but eventually, he turned off somewhere and I lost him. I was all smiles at the end.

Hope that's detailed enough for yas. :D

·
Member 0564
1,915 Posts
do you know if it was an LS1 or an LT1? If it was an LS1 it may have been a 6 cylinder...also, what mods do you have?

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As I said before, I have no idea how to tell the difference from each model of Camaro. All I know is that it was pretty loud even with the windows/sunroof up. Also, I have zero mods, the ones in my sig are just laying around at the moment. Won't be modding until I do my 60,000 mile tuneup, which will be as soon as I get enough money to actually do it. :)

·
465awhp
1,632 Posts
Nice catching up and passing him at the end of 2nd gear.

Black94VR4

·
s l o w r w d s c
841 Posts
Good Kill.:ak47:

·
No longer a 3/S owner.
3,402 Posts
catching up

tracking down an LS1 after he's got a lead is a really tough task, and one I'd rather not attempt....if I'm going to try to track down an LS1, Ill do it off the line and try to hold him off....or just shut down before he passes me:p

·
Premium Member
5,155 Posts
With yours (and my) mods you won't have any trouble running one from a roll either. A BPU VR4 is enough to take an LS1, imo, barely, from a roll, but it would still be pretty damn close.

·
Registered
85 Posts
FireStormTT said:
do you know if it was an LS1 or an LT1? If it was an LS1 it may have been a 6 cylinder...also, what mods do you have?
you just said "if it had a v8 it might have been a v6"

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
from the way the race went, it sounds most like an LT1 model. LT1s are louder than LS1s from what ive seen and been told. from the back they kinda look like the new models, front end is a lot different tho. LT1s had the sunken headlights.

·
Registered
1 Posts
LOL, this thread is hilarious, I would not waste my time but I just had to do it. To the original poster...congratulations on beating a V6'er Maro. You say he beat you out of the hole, that just tells me you just SUCK at launching, and the fact that you just plain walked him on second reassures me you were racing a V6.

Even V6's can be made to sound **REALLY LOUD** (hint hint mine). And with your "I don't know shit about Camaros" attitude, you would have never been able to tell the difference. A camaro savvy person would easily know them apart. If you knew anything about them you would defeinitely be showing more respect.

Good luck, and better practice your launch for when it is a real Z28 or SS.

No offense to any 3GT owners, I like these cars quite abit. But I dont like fools like this with so much arrognace and ignorance.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts