Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,769 Posts
Considering the timing belt can jump 2 teeth and still not damage anything internally as far as physically hitting (3 teeth and you're rebuilding), I'd say you'd probably be ok - the cam gears only allow maximum adjustment of about 1.5 teeth. Now the car will probably run like arse, shouldn't do more than potentially foul your plugs.

EricB

·
Premium Member
3,339 Posts
Bolts

Kash,
You should replace those bolts. I have some replacement ones at the shop. They can be replaced with the gears on the car. I offer them free to my good 3SX customers and Fidanza purchasers if they accidently snap one.

With the 5 bolts tightened to proper torque they won't slip or break ;)

Steve

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Steve thats most likely what I did TIGHTEN them too much...my fault. I actually posted here asking about trq recomendations but I got no answer.

Hey Eric thanks for the piece of mind when I called:)

Steve I have to replace just two bolts at the front exhaust, I Took the covers off and I can see behind it, HOW can I get a set of bolts from you ASAP. let me know please. I'll PAY EXTRA for overnight shipping.

·
Premium Member
3,339 Posts
Bolts

Kash,
I should be able to ship them out on Monday for you. I can send them to you via USPS at no charge and you should have them about midweek. How's that sound?
Call me with the shipping info and I'll get it set.

Steve

·
4,613 Posts
No one has been able to answer what to torque those little bastards too. I barely tightened them at all because I knew I was going to break them they didnt slip in the 1k miles I put on them but I would hate to have them slip and have to re-adjust them. so what do we torque them at?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.