Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I am currently waxing my car for like the 3rd time in a month :) Im obssessed..and the car looks great.

How long do let the Zymol sit on your car before buffing out?
2,3-15minutes?? I let it sit for about 10 minutes just wondering if it should be longer.

And anyone else looking at this Is it possible to just get the clear coat redone without a new Paint job??

Thanks,
-Jeff

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
You're usin the wrong Z wax Jeff! :p
And to answer your 2nd ?... I dont think so because it involves so much work it might as well be repainted since it probably would cost the same labor wise. This was discussed a few days ago in another thread I believe...

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, I'm not you *Zaino whore* hehe Send me some pics of your car man...You sound like a car washing freak as much as I am.

-Jeff

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
I'm gonna try to get some within the next week or 2. I have some old ones but they aren't the best quality. One of my pics is on in that GT desktop thread that aaron photoshopped some other wheels onto.
I only wash once a week is that too much?! ;)
Now that I got my car duster atleast it won't look like a piece of dusty crap for 3 out of those 6 days between washings.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
I used to operate my own car detailing business and used a few different zymol products. Wheel treatment, couple diff. of the waxes. Most of the time you do one section at a time and then go back and buff it out. It also depends on the paint on the car. I have noticed that German cars / paint respond differently to the wax. It was a bit of an experiment every time. But, I followed the directions on the back and everything worked out fine.

Zymol is pretty expensive stuff to be using it 3-4 times a month. What product are you using?

·
Registered
708 Posts
ZYMOL ROCKS DUDE!!!

I love Zymol! I was using Gold Class for awhile until one of my friends recommended it to me, and I will never use anything else!

I usually let it dry 10 minutes, buff it off. Then go over the same area again, wait 10 minutes, buff it off. The second application really smooths out any swirls and brings out the depth in the underlying paint.

What helps also is go over the car with a very fine mist of water after you've done the whole car, and let it "set" like it says on the back of the bottle. I've gone six months without waxing and only now am I ready to give it another go (good stuff!):)

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's just regular Zymol I got from Autozone I believe....It was around 14 bucks I think. It's well worth it, very easy to apply and buff off. The color is Blue and so is the bottle I will have to go check on the exact name of it. Is there a certain one you recommend?

-Jeff

I have about 4 coats on my hood and doors :) I also use a hair spray bottle to leave a mist on the car then buff that out.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
It's probably the zymol cleaner wax.. saw some at walmart the other day.
Am I completly wrong to think that multiple coats of cleaner wax is pointless? I seem to look at it like this:
The cleaner wax strips all the old wax and cleans the paint while providing some fresh wax. Now if you keep applying it aren't you just stripping the wax you just put on yesterday with coat #1? ;)
Wouldn't it make more sense to use a cleaner wax and then move on to another higher end quality real wax?
Or have I just been sniffing too many zaino fumes? ;)

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If its just a cleaner wax to remove old wax then I'm gonna feel real stupid. But more I put on the smoother it feels.
It also repels water like wax should so i guess its not doing to bad. I think I'm gonna go over with some good meguiares wax.
Please don't tell me I'm using stuff that wont help :(

-Jeff

·
Badassical Baddage
6,535 Posts
My buddy always uses Zymol on his car, and when it is clean and waxed, it looks BEAUTIFUL. He has a dark color (Very dark metallic purple) and it gives it so much depth its unbelieveable!

and it has one of the softest finishes I've ever felt :D

When waxing we usually put it on and let it sit 10 minutes. Basically we do 2 panels at a time. Wax one, then when the second panel is finished, we go back and buff off the 1st and then proceed to buff off the 2nd panel...works great.

A lot of times we'll do a final coat of Meguiar Yellow Paste :)

smells like Bananas... :p

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Now I am gonna spend all my money today...Gotta get 25 bucks in gas...a california duster...and some Yellow Paste Wax
and I dont have a job

-Jeff

·
Registered
689 Posts
Ok anybody help! After hearing good things about "ZAINO" I've been wanting to give it a try. The problem is I can't find it anywhere here in SD. Most auto places here carry Zymol but not "ZAINO". Anyone have recommendations? Are you getting it at a national chain store? I've tried Pep Boys, Auto Zone, and yo mama's store WalMart. Thanks :)

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ttt....it was the cleaner wax...but it doesn't say to follow up with anything.

-Jeff

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Jeff... most things don't say you have to follow up with anything... you don't "need" to most people "want" to.
Do my bottles of zaino say to only apply one coat of zaino no more or the paint will fall off the car? No. I apply 4+ because I want to and it makes it shine a lot more than just 1 coat.
The 5th is going on tomorrow btw ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts