Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
'91 & '92 VR4s + '99SL
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, thanks for being a voice of reason and maturity.

Second, having buttered you up a bit, tell me.....
what are those wheels on the czarcar in your sig pic?? Have you got a better profile shot?

TIA

·
Registered
689 Posts
Spirit said:
First, thanks for being a voice of reason and maturity.

Second, having buttered you up a bit, tell me.....
what are those wheels on the czarcar in your sig pic?? Have you got a better profile shot?
TIA
Damn, I just saw this. Hey Spirit, thanks, and glad you like them. Give me a bit and I'll see about getting something up here for you.

Uh George. :( Thanks for giving me like 6 extra years dude. You know I have a complex about this and I get all worked up and upset and then I get crazy and then I start throwing things and then I'll come looking for you...........to kick your....;)

Neo, and where you been dude?

·
Registered
689 Posts
OK, here's a couple better pics of my wheels. I get a lot of compliments on them. They are ALT Racing and run about $275 ea. I can give you a few links if you'd like. :)

·
'91 & '92 VR4s + '99SL
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Czar, thanks. If you've got a link, please post it. Do you know what they are called? Do they come in 18"?? I'll do a search myself and see what I can find.

BTW, I'm 48 f**king years old myself, don't let it bother you man. These are the best of times, kids raised, income up and we get to keep it for ourselves for a change!! What say we get together and kick a couple of these young guy's butts?? Gotta stay in shape you know, fightin' off that arthritis and failing eyesight requires us to stay active :D :D :D :eek:

·
'91 & '92 VR4s + '99SL
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got it. They are ALT186. They come in 17x7 and 18x7.5 chrome or polished silver. Wish they were a little wider. What kind of tires you running with those?

Anybody know what our fitment is?? 5x100, 5x114.3 or 5x120 :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
689 Posts
Here's another pic I took while tire shopping recently. The worn tire on my car is a Falken Ziex 255/45 ZR17. The one in the middle is the new Falken GRB 255/35 ZR18. The left one is a Sumitomo 255/35 ZR18.

The tire place did not have the 17" in a 255 width so I ordered the Sumitomo's. Well when I went in to get them mounted a week later just before I was leaving on a trip they had forgotten to order them. I didn't think it would work but I went ahead and test mounted a Falken GRB 265/40 ZR17.

Anyway yeah I have the 17" wheels but they actually measure about 8" wide. I was amazed that the 265's fit pretty well. My last Falkens were great tires so the tire guy said if I didn't like the 265/40's on my trip he would take them back. I've given the guy a lot of business and he felt bad about screwing up my order. Well I absolutely love the Falken GRB's and the 265's were plenty wide enough for me.
:)

·
'91 & '92 VR4s + '99SL
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks again. I was planning on putting something nicer in an 18 on the SL, and those are just what I'm after. Absolutely georgeous!!

Since the SL is mostly for show and social stuff anyway, they will look great on a pearl white '99. They sure aren't cheap but neither was the SL. But hey, if you're gonna fish, ya gotta have good bait :D

·
Registered
689 Posts
Damn if you get those 18's I'm gonna shit. I got the 17's soon after I bought my car at the same time that I dropped it. I didn't know about 3SI or anyone personally with a 3K and I was afraid the 18's wouldn't fit. Now I wish I had them, but I really like the ones I got anyway. I scanned a few more shots for ya here. ;)

Edit - I almost forgot. I'll tell you when these wheels look really sweet and that's when they spin. The curved spokes give them a real interesting shape and because they're so open they look kind of translucent. Then at night when the lights hit them it's like a million little flashes. My old girlfriend drove it one night with me driving alongside in my truck. I'll tell ya I was blown away. :eek:

·
Premium Member
4,391 Posts
Damn aren't those the same size wheels that are on my Expedition. :D Czarcasmus its nice to see your still around. Car still looks better then ever. Well as you would no it being a "Wise Man" and my dads fricking age:eek: I blew one of those really big speakers in my trunk and cracked that damn Mitsu spoiler. The funniest part is I'm more pround then upset. Anyways thought I would drop a line say Hi and see how your doing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts