Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently moved to California. I had a vr4 about 6 years ago back in NY. Now I'm looking to get another one but I'm not too familiar with the laws in California. I know they suck. Does anyone have experience with registering a vr4 out here? And what is the best way to go about it? I would like to modify the car but keep it somewhat under the radar out here

·
SDSU Alumnus
3,126 Posts
These cars are relatively simple to pass, but it also depends on the exact year, spec, and who/where you go for testing. If you purchase one from within CA, then the process should be easier than trying to bring one from out-of-state that is already "out of compliance" i.e. modified to a certain extent.

-sent from my Galaxy Note 9

·
Registered
632 Posts
Most significant factor is where you go for testing. You can get the entire spectrum from people who fail you on the visual for intake mods all the way to people who will "allow" you to pass with any conceivable mod.

I guess what i am saying is find the right place/person to do the testing, or jump through all the hoops.

·
3SNY - HondaTurtleFTW
4,754 Posts
Third option: register it out of state. California is a bitch emissions wise from what I've heard.

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk

·
?Mark
16,616 Posts
Third option: register it out of state. California is a bitch emissions wise from what I've heard.

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk
yup thats what I did. Created a company in Montana -No nothing lol. One time registration.

·
Show me your twins
1,157 Posts
Take is to a Mexican dude who will do it under the table and be done with it.

·
Registered
632 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
It's very necessary to make your car pass an emission check as the federal government wants that. But what bothers me is the cost of having an emission test because it ranges from $29.95 to $69.95 to get yours done. This fee may not include the $8.25 cost of your smog certificate.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts