Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Ross
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you guys pass emissions with your modded 3s'?

well this is what i know or assume how they do emissions... visual inspection for all years of course, then they put a car on the dyno and put an sniffer deal on the tailpipe then you go a certain speed on a dyno. and if the vehicle 95 and up is OBDII if hooks up to their computer and they test/read the vitals. if ifs OBDI then sniffer and dyno. What about OBDI AWD vehicles...? i think they just put it on the sniffer and do a visual on all emissions crap. i know they dont have an awd dyno. i wonder how AWD OBDII vehicles are tested...

i have a 95 vr4 and that is a OBDI and II hybrid. I was wondering how that would work. I just bought an AEM EMS and am wondering if they will even attempt to plug it in to the ECU i dont have.

my car is registered in WA and ill be moving back to california next year. I want to know what the deal is on registering in CA with an out of state vehicle.

·
tippin on fo fo's.
2,048 Posts
They don't hook up anything, but you will probably be voided with an aem unless you get a nice shop.

I passed without precats and some vacuum reduction.

You HAVE to have EGR and a cat, those are the two big things.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I live in Sacramento and I just had my VR4 smugged last month. They didn't put it on a dyno they just put the sniffer on and left it in neutral and rev'ed to about 3k rpms for a little while. And I passed with ridiculously low numbers, granted my car is stock though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts