Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
3SNY - HondaTurtleFTW
4,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get a wiring diagram of the plug and wires that go from the car to the door so I know what wires do what. I think I'm gonna ghetto-rig a "plug" from male and female spade connectors and some extra wire. I just want to know what wires are what in case car side and door side are different color codes on the wires. I searched here and google, and stealth316. I've found jack shit. Somebody help me! Lol

·
Wheee! 2 wheels is fun!
8,814 Posts
Download the manuals at 3sx. Wiring diagrams are in them. Grandpas diagram link is more for an alarm installer.

Wires typically break right at the door connector. I have soldered them back on for repairs.

-SP

·
3SNY - HondaTurtleFTW
4,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have 3 or 4 wires broken on the body-side of that clip. There isn't enough wire to strip and solder, hence why I was going to make extension wiring. I just want to make sure I connect the correct wires together.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
5 Posts
I know this is an older thread but still yet an ongoing problem....I have found of course no one is making after market connectors or adapters but hundreds of these beautiful cars still are being restored and taken such care of: Has anyone found a good fix to this issue yet? I like many of you have also soldered wires back together, unfortunatly just to have another one break a month or two later...My drivers door auto locks when the door opens, my passenger side window wont roll up and power locks will not work from drivers side unlock position. Now I have wires on both sides that are causing problems...the Audio Alarm folks down town want to hard wire the harness (I think that is a bad idea). with the cutout in the door being square it limits through-put harness connections from other cars.

Im reaching out to you all, What do you think?

·
Money pit owner.
2,566 Posts
my door unlock button on the driver's side is not working, thankfully the key fob works.

I'd really like to know how to prevent future breaks as well.

·
Wheee! 2 wheels is fun!
8,814 Posts
Nothing has changed. Your best bet for another connector is at the junkyard. I have collected a few, and might offer a repair service.

-SP

·
3SNY - HondaTurtleFTW
4,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I picked up a harness piece and soldered it wire by wire to the fender side, as upon further inspection I didn't have a door plug issue...iirc. been a while though. Was cut and splice 1 wire at a time

·
Registered
382 Posts
I probably have a couple of body side plugs with about 2 feet of wire for each side if anyone is interested. Again, AZ cars without much corrosion etc.
Lincoln

1 - 10 of 10 Posts