Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was coming back from Indy on I-70 and a C5 blew by me. I ended up chasing him for a little while and switched into the opposite lane and got a look at the driver. He flashed me a smile and then gunned it. So of course I gunned it, but by the way he wasted my ass you would have thought I slammed on the brakes. I've taken on 3 C5's from a dead stop and ate all three off the line but I've never raced one past 100 before. I figured they just had way better top end the way he killed me. Well I ended up getting off at my exit and so did he. He pulled in to the Flying J to gas up and I figured I'd chit chat with him quick like. Well it turns out that he beat my ass for a reason.... It was twin turbo along with some serious internal work. Just looking at the engine gave me a woody.......lmfao.... He said it was pushing around 690hp:p I don't feel so bad after all. Oh and I kept getting this weird ass sound when I was racing him. I was in 4th and when I hit about 14psi I heard this really loud ass whistle. I realized it was coming from my rear speakers. Has this happened to anyone else?

V

·
0 Posts
Nothing to worry about.You played in his own game.Plus,his car
is newer.Well,maybe you need 15G Turbo to keep up with him :cool:

·
Registered
157 Posts
Whistle

Yea about that whistle, I get it from my speakers too when my rear de fogger is on, it follows the rpm curve and gets louder with higher rpms! I figure its harmless since its been going on for 2 years.:D

·
Registered
646 Posts
Wow if you are talking about a Lingenfelter (Mispelled), that's one awesome machine. I thought I heard somewhere that they run 11's.

BTW Velocity VR4

Is that your car in your sig?

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
hmmm

Was the radio or anything. I am no expert by any means, but I have heard of this problem with poor grounds if your radio for example. I have a friend with an SL on this board and he has whistle and RPMs effect the whistling noise. This was after he re-did his whole stereo system. So maybe as simple as a poor ground or I might just be dead wrong. Untill recently I never know a ground was so important and it could be affected so easy. I hope this helps someone.

·
Registered
9,645 Posts
possibly noise in your speaker lines.....happened on my old car, check your ground to make sure its ok and also make sure you tapped the line directly from the battery if its an aftermarket. You can get noise reducers at some stores i believe. No idea if they work or not.

·
resident evil
17,080 Posts
Noise supressors do not work well enough. The trick is to get the ground all from the battery. My car wasn't doing it until my ground wire got burnt on the rear turbo heat shield. The motor rocks so hard under launches, it disconnected the cable from the top of the firewall. I repaired the cable, but the weaker insulation is causing the speakers to whistle. \

Sam

1 - 7 of 7 Posts