Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Bored User
8,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coming to a 4-way stop after doing some ARC2 tuning I see a red C5 across street. He turns right and I follow him. As soon as I got behind him he punches it. I follow suit and stay on his tail from 20-120MPH. I had to lay off several times to keep from rear ending him. We coast down and I follow him for a few miles hoping we would hit a 2-lane road so we could get a clean run. Finally come up to a stoplight. There are a few cars ahead of us so I pulled up even with him. He rolled down his window and asked if my car was a turbo etc.. I said yeah and asked what he had done to his car. He said 'nothing, it's all stock' or something to that effect. Riiiiiiiiiiight.. :rolleyes: I saw the big quad chrome tip exhaust.. I told him I had an intake and exhaust... :lol2: He then asks me if I wanted to run from a stop here at this light. LOL I had no interest in destroying his car from a stop, I wanted to see what I could do from a roll. I looked over and said I was breaking in a clutch and didn't want to launch but I'd run from a 20 roll. He looked at me funny and said ok. I'm not 100% sure, but I think his car was an auto. He might've had a big stall converter as he seemed pretty content on running from a stop. The light turns green and we both roll out. We pull even and punch it at about the same time. He's by my door for about a half a second and then I slowly start to pull away. I ran it up to 120 or so and had maybe 1-2 cars on him. I let off, waved and pulled the next U-turn and headed home. I hit the peak hold on my boost and EGT gauges. Sheeeeeeeeit... Only 12psi and the EGT's never got much over 800 deg. Not enough boost and wayyyyy too rich still. :mad: Oh well, time to do some more tuning... The C5 was a 97-99 with Z06 brake duct vents and atleast an exhaust. I'm fairly sure he had more mods, though. I walked a C5 on the highway at only 10psi a few days ago and this car was much stronger. Anyway, that was my first fullout legit race I've gotten with the car. Too bad I wasn't properly tuned..

·
Bored User
8,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
3kluv said:
Those are great readings from your EGT's. How is the ARC 2 for tuning? We're considering getting one.

The EGT's were too low to make any good power. They should be 900-920 on pump gas for optimum power. The ARC2 is great. It's pretty simple to tune and doesn't usually require too much fiddling unless there are drastic weather changes. It's been 80deg during the day and 50deg at night here lately so tuning has been a little tricky. My engine is fully broken in now so I'm leaning it out and trying to get the optimum settings. I should have it tuned to perfection soon.:)

·
Registered
749 Posts
Dude, that thing is going to be a freaking beast.

I will be driving through Fort Myers on the 21st of December, on my way to Clearwater. Wanna try to run them then?

Nice kills!:D

·
Senior Member "Go Pig Go"
3,086 Posts
hey powel...I work for Cerra Racing and fabrication...besides lingenfelter we're the only compnay that has a turbokit developed that is commericially available......we're sending a few down to florida...becareful :)

a stock ls1 in a c5 puts down 300 to the wheel...our kit on 8-9 psi puts out on an auto 439 hp and 568 ft-lb's on a manual 463+ and 512 ft-lbs

z06 503 (325 stock) 521 ft-lbs on 7psi

true bolt on kit...couldnt tell if a 'vette has it until they get on the boost...all numbers are on stock fuel pumps and cat-backs, stock internals..only upgrade besides the turbokit itselft is the ls1 edit tuning and upgrades gm 38lb-hr injectors.

this is with a turbonetics 62-1 p-trim

we also offer upgrades for the q-trim and a t72 upgrade
expecting 600+ to the wheel on the 72 upgrade

i know that was a shameless plug on the wrong board but after working with c5's...they're really cool cars. Also we just installed one of Matt Monet's propane kits on a customer car( 2003 ZO6)...we'll give numbers after he gets upgrade pistons ..this guy is lowering the 10.7 -1 compression by a point and is looking for more boost :)

I would love to see how a dr650 car would do against a turbovette...that would be a sweet match up.

·
Bored User
8,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Crimedog -- I'm all for running them!:bigthumb:

Ro -- Dayamn!! That sounds bad ass! :eek:

·
Registered
749 Posts
Let me know what exit to get off on. And be gentle when raping me!:D

·
This space for rent.
3,009 Posts
Nice kills ! C5's can be deadly.

You're probably right about the stall . . . kind of a give-away if any rear driver suggests to go that way.

·
Registered
477 Posts
wheelman said:
**- still waiting for mods :(-**
don't complain, I still don't have my VR4 :)mitsu: :dodge: )...I still need to find somebody in So. Cali that knows our cars to go with me when I get ready to start shopping later this month...:confused: I understand shopping for electronic, computers, but there's something about cars newer than 86' or so that just baffels me.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Powelsound said:

The EGT's were too low to make any good power. They should be 900-920 on pump gas for optimum power. The ARC2 is great. It's pretty simple to tune and doesn't usually require too much fiddling unless there are drastic weather changes. It's been 80deg during the day and 50deg at night here lately so tuning has been a little tricky. My engine is fully broken in now so I'm leaning it out and trying to get the optimum settings. I should have it tuned to perfection soon.:)
Sounds like the ARC2 wouldn't be so great for me, we live in Minnesota, HUGE weather changes! Blah! But maybe.....

Nice work.

·
465awhp
1,632 Posts
Nice kills, you should have said " Just a little tiny V6 that's all and it's no match for your mighty V8. What the hell let go anyway." :D

Black94VR4

·
Matt Sherman
3,898 Posts
crimedog94 said:
Let me know what exit to get off on. And be gentle when raping me!:D

NO LUBE FOR YOU!

·
Registered
477 Posts
VRMAN said:
Tiki, I could help you, so could a few other guys here. Let us know.
well, Christmas may be the most joyous time of the year for some, but a big family has tapped a portion of my car money, so around the end of december/beginning of january I'll try to take you (or anybody else) up on that..it will happen!
I will have my VR4!!! :mad: :ak: :cussing: :realmad: :shoot3: and then it shall begin!!!:rock: :loveeyes: :burnout: project no buck! gf dumped me so I'm buyin my car and a gonna keep blowing money of parts! I'm goin for broke!!!:dunce: though I am I will be :death: to everything short of the local jet truck once I'm done...or pretending I'm done...ok, the rant is over...you are dismissed.
tiki

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
powelsound,
let me just re-iterate.......your car looks badass!! i love the dark rims on your black car. first time i've seen your new sig pic. i'm also digging the blacked out turn signals.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Yeah just a little rich there. At 12psi I'd say tuned right you can probably pull 3-5 cars on a stock LS1 powered car from 20-120 ... and 6-8 from a stop to the end of the 1/4. From a high end roll its closer than you think though ... 15psi makes it a lot less close. Those LS1's are very strong up top. Hell they are strong down bottom too. Hell you know this ... you used to own one. lol

·
resident evil
17,080 Posts
How do you know it was not a Z06? I can take a regular old C5 on a roll to about 120mph with my BPU car and you have the heads and all, so even at 12psi, you should be hells faster then my car.

·
Bored User
8,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It wasn't a Z06. It was a coupe with Z06 brake ducts. I'm not sure what mods he had but I know the exhaust wasn't stock. Remember, I was running VERY rich. I ran into him in the middle of ARC2 tuning so my settings were pretty wacked. I just got my Pocketlogger today so I'm going to fine tune and crank up the boooooooooost.:D

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.