Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, i am starting to hear a clicking sound, and that means that the ol' CV Joints are going. Bummer. They arent' that hard to change, they are harder to find. I went to the Autozone in town, and they didn't think they could get them, then went to NAPA, and they didn't think they could get them either. Went to another place, and they were 150 apiece, and i know there are some out there cheaper. Does anyone know? Any tips on changing them? I have changed them on other cars, but ours are difficult on most everything.

thanks!

Brian
91 Stealth ES

·
Registered
91 Posts
Ok, here is what I finally had to do. I found a place localy that rebuilt CV shafts and they did it in about 2 hours. It cost me around $100. If you don't have a place around that will rebuild it check with O'rielly auto parts and they should have a place to send it. Or I think I saw that [email protected] had some for sale in his year end garage sale. good luck, chad

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, you took your shafts off, and took them to this place, and they rebuilt them for 100 bucks for both of them, or each one? Did they do the labor, or did you do it? Let me know. Thanks!

Brian

·
Registered
91 Posts
That was the price to rebuild one shaft. I did all of the work myself (i.e. taking it out and putting it back in.) it was pretty easy. If I can remember right all you have to do is 1) take the wheel off 2)remove the bolt that holds your brake line to strut. 3)remove the axle nut(in the middle of your rotar) 4)seperate your tie rod end from the control arm. 5)then the shaft should come right out. hope this helps, chad

1 - 4 of 4 Posts