Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 94 vr4 with a bad trans and I’m looking for a good working trans to replace it. Trans must be shipped to 55060

·
Registered
19 Posts
have a fully functioning trans for sale. RealMcCoy, no disrespect but the parts that fail are extremely expensive, or unobtainable, if you are interested, let me know. my mechanic is a sanctioned dodge racer who drove this trans with no issues @ 600+hp

·
Premium Member
6,839 Posts
RealMcCoy, no disrespect but the parts that fail are extremely expensive, or unobtainable, if you are interested, let me know. my mechanic is a sanctioned dodge racer who drove this trans with no issues @ 600+hp
If you say so... Yes some parts are expensive new, and some have been discontinued. But I work on Getrags all the time in my shop, and have not had any issue fixing them.

Chris at Rvenge Performance has made a business out of fixing them. Don't think he's had to throw in the towel yet.

Now if I had a dollar for every "good used" transmission I've seen that was anything but... I've been making my living building transmissions for 35 years. To me the term "good used" has almost become a joke.

If you actually do have one of the few that are in great condition, and you and the OP can make a deal, that's great. I'd just be careful about trying to make a sale based on the incorrect assertion that other options aren't available.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts