Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am thinking about buying a 3kgt vr-4 but i would like to know the strengths and weaknesses of the car before i get one. if someone could give me the specs of a stock 3kgt vr-4 and/or the strengths or weaknesses that would help me out a lot. thanks.

·
Registered
18,548 Posts
3000GT weakness.....tranny, not much aftermarket, expensive parts, tranny, tranny, tranny.

strengths......i would post them but i might get banned for taking up too much bandwidth.

·
Wild & Wacky Meerkat
1,599 Posts
Damn Jspec. that was funny.

I bust out laughing when I clicked on that link, only cuz I was thinking the EXACT SAME THING. My teammate across the aisle looked at me funny.

(I did my 4 months of searching and reading posts before I even posted 3 weeks before i bought my car)

Elton

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
"not much aftermarket "? I cant believe u said that. My car by now is more aftermarket than Mistu, if u have the $ there is ALL sorts of stuff out there for a VR4.
Weaknesses, the stock brake rotors r worthless junk, u have to change these immediately. My VR4 has 98,000 miles & never had a trans problem & I road race mine. course I know how to doubleclutch. I did have to replace the transaxle tho around 50k miles.
Strengths : AWD, power, BIG Aftermarket, stick to the road like glue, looks, comfort, manual trans, Lots of +s

1 - 5 of 5 Posts