Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Aghhhh
9,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard anything more about Metric Mechanic's proposal to build us a stronger Getrag? Did anyone ever donate a core? I ask because I have recently come into possession of a slightly toasted 92 5spd Getrag and I'm willing to donate it to this good cause. It's useless to me, so as long as someone will cover shipping, I'll give it up. It's going to be a while before I can take it out of the car, but I figure I'll get the ball rolling now.

·
Just Bring It
2,835 Posts
Hey is the Tranny Toast? If not you should take the engine and Tranny and drop them into your ES. You have every part you need, Intercoolers and all, you might even want to try to get 4WD on your car! Does the Engine Work Okay?

Tuan Luu
1994 3000GT

·
Aghhhh
9,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did buy the wrecked TT. For those who are wondering, I will be selling quite a few parts off of it, but it's going to be a while because of my messy work schedule. As soon as I can pull it, I'll try to get the tranny off to the guys in St. Louis, provided they still need one.

·
resident evil
17,080 Posts
I know Jack Tertadian was looking for used ones and or donations for the cause. I will get his email address and post it

Sam 95 VR4

·
Official 3SI Mouth
2,168 Posts
Hey Gate--

On the wrecked TT- what color is it, and, more importantly, are the door mouldings on both doors without damage? I'm looking to get all six pieces of the lowers from a 1st gen TT, so I can get those wicked cool inlets on my 94. If the areas from wheel to wheel on both sides are clean and without defect, contact me at

[email protected]

Kenneth

·
Registered
500 Posts
Kenneth,
Let me know if you have anny success with the side inlets. I would kill for those! (well, not really, but i would pay for them) Withouth them, Stealths look pretty plain and boring from the side. Do you think they would look as good as a car with them originally? Mine is white and im trying to picture it with intake things...

Kevin

·
Aghhhh
9,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was hoping to keep this thread concentrated on the Getrag issue, but it looks like that won't happen. I know there are a lot of people who want/need parts and I will be selling a lot of things. I'm going to go over the car with a fine tooth comb this weekend and decide what I'm keeping and what I'm selling. I'm going to try to put up a large area on my website detailing what happened to the car as well as a preliminary list of what's going on sale. I'm going to try to strip it to the bare frame and use/sell/donate everything else. Pictures will be included. I'm going to ask everyone to be patient for now. This is the first time I've gotten into a project of this magnitude. My work schedule is not constant so I'm going to work on the car whenever I can catch some free time. I'll post something on Monday to let everyone know where things stand.

·
Just Bring It
2,835 Posts
Hey, I have the Panels off of a 94+ 3000GT. (2 side skirts and 2 lower door panels) I have been saving them, just in case I get into an accident because they run 500+ for each of the pieces. But I would sell them all for 600. The Skirts are scuffed along the bottom.

Tuan Luu
1994 3000GT

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
RE: Getrag Upgrade Update

I've arranged for one 5 speed, is coming to me and after I take pictures, do some measurements, it will be going to Metric Mechanic for them to tear apart, fiddle with, map out and see how to improve.

If anybody has used/"junk"/un-needed AWD TT transaxles or transfer cases to help in "the cause", let me know. I pay shipping

Jack Tertadian
[email protected]

·
perpetual college student
3,903 Posts
Is the third-fourth gear synchro in good shape? I would pay you to get it and give you mine in return so you would have a complete tranny to turn in.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.