Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello People,

I thought i would put on my build thread of my GTO TT, I've copied and pasted this from another forum i use:

This is how i bought it:




And these are the problems i'm facing that i have found so far:
This has just been sort out


While i was doing the belts i found this:


I still have to drill out this pin for the crank pulley:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just an update, i spent most of the day fitting the gauges and head unit, the gauges still have to be wired up, which leads on to my next question: can the oil pressure and coolant temp be wired into the original sensors, if so which wires is it, i know the boost has to be done seperatly
Oh and repairing the drivers seat

Onto the pix:


P.s fitting the gauges is a pig of a job, if any 1 ever asks me to do the job for them i would have to kindly tell them to go fourth and multiply

I took the exhaust off and repaired all the leaks (just temp till i can afford a decent exhaust)

Plumbed in the boost gauge (probably wrong :oops: )

Gearbox end case, i took to work drilled, tapped and fitted a new drain plug.

Gave it a clean and polish:




I've now actually only got the missus car and this 1 so i can spend more time getting this sorted :mrgreen: (well that is when i dont get silly jobs around the house)

I am now getting the GTO tidied up and ready to roll, i've spent the last couple of days tidying the engine bay, taking off mounts and brackets spraying them up, also painting up the inlet fanimold and the rocker cover, i'v run out of paint so cant do anymore painting atm :roll:





 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3



Bit of an update, today i tried to sort out the idle issue i have, thinking it was caused by an air leak (which i found 2 of) then to find out its not the leaks causing the issue, now thinking its the maf playing silly buggers :?

So i went on and gave the ol gal a was and sorting out the hand painted black on the boot (done by previous owner) :roll:



 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
While i was in the mood for doing a bit i thought i would tackle the rear wing i got off Staff, washed it with autoglym shampoo then gave it a hit with autoglym restorer, followed by super resin polish and finished off with high def wax (really could do with a machine polish).
I also had to rewire the plug as for some reason the brake light wasnt going into the plug.


.

Tomorrow i'm hoping to get the sort out the rust above the windscreen and i may pull the xfer box to see if i can find the leak from the gearbox.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well i've done a bit more this morning (even though i'm ment to be laying a carpet :p )

Here is whats left of the rust after i took off the last patch of the BH Deox Gel


And then i thought i would have a crack at the AG Pro Paint kit with the rotary:
Before

After




Not perfect, but its deffinatly better, i'm going to give it a wet sand then go over again (theres a lot of imperfections in the pain)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7


Now to fit the carpet before i get ear ache from the wife :D

Here is todays events on the gto:

Laid the template down (which i made a few days ago) and marked out where the vinyl is going to sit (which i also cut out the other day)

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
after the rain had stopped i carried on:






Now this is my first go at doing vinyl and i must say i'm quite impressed with the results, it did take a fair bit of designing and planning to make sure i didnt waste to much material, only cost me about £5 to do the rising sun decal on the roof.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Also i removed the ashtray out of the centre console and put in a cup holder out of an fto, took a bit of work but i got it to fit, had to take the console out to cut away some of the inside plastic, then had to shorten the cup holder by 5mm to fit.
I still need to stick down some of the edging:



This is my next job which i have already started, the trim around my head unit has gaps in so i thought i would make my own:



Well today i've made the surround for the dvd unit, i'm not happy with how shiny it is so i'm going to spray it:




This is spread over about 2 years, the main jobs left to do really are get a maf for it and fit a new gearbox seal.

Shane
 

·
4G63 swap initiated
Joined
·
7,359 Posts
That roof vinyl is so sexy with those wheels
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top