Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was putting a lugnut on and it went on a little crooked. So then i decided to take it off and put it on straigh, but in the process i broke off the stud the lugnut was coming off of. What do i do now? How do replace the stud?

·
Premium Member
9,023 Posts
Order a new one from the dealership, if yours broke off, they'll be able to pull it off and install a new stud.

I can't even get my stud off, I have one that is turning freely and I can't get the lug nut off the wheel. I'll be having it worked on real soon.

Lord Warlock

·
1,568 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I didnt find out unitl after I already replaced my studs individually that you can buy the whole hub assembly from Mitsu w/ the studs already pressed in for $50-$70. I went ahead and replaced all of mine individually on both front hubs, wish I had known the hub already came w/ them in. Oh well live and learn I guess.

·
Premium Member
8,959 Posts
i once had 3 studs break. improper wheel fitment. (long story) anyways, went to autozone or something like that. bought 5 lugs for 10 bucks, kinda wedged out the hub assembly and replaced it. it took a long ass time, two guys, and alot of sore muscles. if i were you, i'd cough up the 50 bucks or so and buy a new complete wheel bearing from the dealer.

·
3/S Tech
3,185 Posts
I replaced 2 last month due to stripped out socket lugs. They were $5 a piece at the dealer and very simple to replace. Just remove the wheel, caliper, and rotor ( My 2 were on the back of my VR4 so I had to remove the brake shoes and ther assembly (e-brake)) then I gave the studs a few hard knocks with a sledge hammer and they popped right out. I think Jeff's site says to remove the dust shield and actually cut into it a little but I didn't have to do any of that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.