Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As far as acceleration and top speed, yeah, the VR4/TT could probably outrun them. But unless you're in the flats of Nevada or on that one interstate that goes across Kansas, the police are typically able to keep up becuase the chasee is slowed down by having to navigate traffic. This is why most high-speed chases end in a wreck. The person will flee until they can flee no more.

EricB

·
Registered
293 Posts
Ok, I was wondering if our cars can outrun a cop car. I know you can't outrun a radio, but that isn't the question. Are the cop cars that fast? What about those suped-up cameros? I am not planning on making a run for the border, but I was curious...

·
Registered
172 Posts
I don't know a vehicle made yet that can outrun radio or a helicopter.

You can outrun a cop as long as you don't have to use your brakes (fat chance). Brake fade is what catches runners, not high speed cop cars.

Besides, where I live, the highway patrol have modified LT1 Camaro's. They'll keep up just fine.

K

·
0 Posts
My one friend use to be at the Air Force Academy in Colorado and he has a very suped up 93 Camaro. He told me he wouldn't even think about trying to run one of the cop camaro's. Said they are designed to enforce speeder's. Another words, YOU WILL NOT GET AWAY!! As for regular cop cars I actually new two cops on duty one night and raced them down a two mile stretch of highway at 11 o'clock one night with my old 99 Dakota RT. I had to keep getting of the gas so I wouldn't pull to far ahead. Woulda had them both if my governor hadn't kicked in!!

·
BFA
1,180 Posts
I am positive you could beat a cop in a TT/VR4. I went to the Import Challenge in Denver awhile back, and at the end of the drag races, they had a state trooper race against a civic racer. THey both got exaclty the same time at 16.05, but the cop did it at 100.something mph and the civic got 103. About the camaros, I don't know exactly what they have, but I'm guessing only a super charger. The exhaust looks and sounds stock. If they were going to put alot of money into extras on these cars, they would've just got SS's instead of Z28s. I still wouldn't try to out run the camaros on a clear highway, unless you passed them at a stand still going about 110.

Jason
92 Stealth R/T TT

·
Registered
208 Posts
How about the police cars from the late sixties? That police interceptor in "dirty mary, crazy larry" was too cool. Would not want him on my ass!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hey John, by any chance are you from a small town in NJ called North Haledon? Are you about 40 years old? I ask because my brother had a friend named John Milner from grammer and high school. Just curious, it's a small world.

Brian - 1995 VR-4

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
I know this doesn't answer the original post but... Who could argue with the original Mad Max cop car. You now it's bad if Mad Max can catch a motorcycle. The super charger on that thing is bigger than the engine itself. Good thing the modern state trooper camaros/mustangs dont's have that, eh?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts