Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright...first of all i broke two different spark plugs at once...i replaced them with all new ones and wires...and it was running really good for like 15 mintues then i broke one more spark plug...in a different cylinder...over boosting?...piston clearance?...i know i have a major problem...could someone please help me...

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
dude when one of my electrodes broke off my whole piston was chewed up along w/ my head :(..... Can you explain by what you mean when you say your sparkpulgs keep breaking.

·
Registered
434 Posts
:eek: :confused:
Just by the sound of that I would say that theres something more to that than over boosting. That doesn't sound good to me at all. Are your pistons hitting the plugs? Are the plugs too damn long or what. You should have quite a bit of space before they hit and if they are than something is really messed up in there. I would really be trying to figure it out and not hot rod until I did. It would suck to put a hole through a piston or scar the wall!

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
I totally agree... I too believe that somehow you are hitting those sparkplugs, which you should not be doing.... I've never heard of boost bending the sparkplugs.... get your block looked at professionally or email Hans... I'm sure he can help you out.

·
Registered
10,686 Posts
Humor us and pull one of the "bent plugs" and report back with the number. Never heard of anyone whacking a spark plug and not rebuilding an engine immediately afterwards.

Timing belt problems can cause piston/valve interference but not piston/spark plug.

Clint

·
14.1 @ 100mph N/A
5,289 Posts
Check the numbers on the plugs.

Don't overtorque the plugs.

Look inside the spark plug holes with a flashlight and see if there are any marks from the piston hitting the plugs.

This has happened on one of my motorcycles with no resulting damage, but it has badly worn rod bearings and wrist pins that allow the piston to go too high if I overrev.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts