Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got some cross-drilled Porterfields and their R4-S pads. What's the best way to break them in? I don't want to warp these suckers too. Should I just take it really easy on them for a few hundred miles and then pull some hard stops or what? Thanks, guys...

Jon -- '92 VR-4

·
Registered
86 Posts
Take it easy on them for the first 500 miles or so. This lets the pads get "use" to the rotors. I did not follow this and glazed my newly machined rotors and had to machine them again. Be carefull!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just for future reference, how would I know if I did "glaze" them? Taking it easy on 'em for 500 miles should be no problem, but I want to know what to look for just in case.

·
Registered
86 Posts
If the brakes don't work very well. I had to use a lot of pedal to get mine to stop.Basically, they will feel weak, when you push and still you don't slow down, instead of a solid pedal feel and quick response. If they are working, you will know it! Ecspecially since you have upgraded rotors and pads.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.