Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
brand new viper alarm remote start 200shipped

i have 20 of the viper alarm keyless entyr remotestarts system, i'm doing a special at my store and i''m selling these at a promotionalprice $200 shipped, they are brand new and this years model, they have limited lifetime warranty , they will work on 5speeds and 6speeds manualtrannys, i will also included a free dei techsoft wiring schematic and installation manual. if interested, list your name and email

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
What model, $200 is a tough price.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
model number

it is a viper 800esp, and it will work on any kind of car, auto or manual tranny

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
time

a profesional certified installer can do it in 3.5 hour if its done right, i am certified , since i own a business, it take me 3 hrs, it it not hard, it take timeand patience, if you buy one will include a wiring schematc to match your year and car, it tells you what color the wire your looking for and where it is located at, it will ake things so much easier,

·
Nice Bum
556 Posts
Ive been Professionally installing for almost 3 years now, and remote start systems arn't very hard if you have experience. the only reason they say you cant install remote start on a manual is for liability reasons. If you leave the car in gear and remote start it, it will jump forward... just as if you had it in gear and turned to key.

On the 3000GT, you will have to unplug the clutch plug so you can start the car with/out the clutch pushed it.

as far as remote starts go, the 3000gt isn't too hard. the only thing thats kinda hard to get to is the door locks. if it's the SL or VR4, it will be harder than the base.

I would say, if you dont have any experience with wiring, and don't understand 12 volt systems... dont attempt this. you could set off air bag(s), trigger check engine lights, etc...

If you are going to do it, make sure you use a DMM (digital muliti meter) or a computer safe tester.

btw: these are very good alarms. I have a sidewinder 6500esp in my car which exactly the same as a viper.

·
Registered
657 Posts
do you also sell the window modules to make the windows go up and down, and also what about back up battery and the extra siren that you can put in the car? let me know if you can get all that and how much. I might want to buy to from you if the price is right. Also can you post a picture of what the remote looks like?:D

·
Registered
214 Posts
More questions

I've looked up this security system online, and all the other viper 800esp's don't have remote start or keyless entry. Is this just a different year than all of these alarms, or did you add on these features? Sorry for all the questions. :)

·
Registered
657 Posts
do you also sell the window modules to make the windows go up and down, and also what about back up battery and the extra siren that you can put in the car? let me know if you can get all that and how much. I might want to buy to from you if the price is right. Also can you post a picture of what the remote looks like?:D

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
I am very sorry and not trying to hijack your thread. But I must let the fellow 3si know about there options. Aladdin a-2000 is on ebay for $155 buy it now. aladdins have a fail safe for using remote starts on a stick. Also use's 2 way communication between the alarm and the LCD remote. Along with many feature's the aladdin also has a built in timer function for turbo cars. Again, just informing people of there options.

·
Registered
37 Posts
SzechwanStealth is right this model 800 is not a autostart, unless a 551t is being thrown in and keep in mind there are NO safty features for these systems to be added to manual vehicals. Even if you tie the nuetral safty switch into the e-brake it still will start and autopilot in 1st & 2nd gear.

There are only two viper systems which include alarm/autostart in one unit: 550esp and 790vx. They are same except for the 790vx adds a two way paging system and looses one remote. The sidewinder 6500esp is the same exact thing as the 550, there will be no sidewinder model equal the 790vx until next year.

The 800 comes with built in channel 2 relay, horn honk output, internal door lock relays, and built in dome light supervisison relay, and a few extra channels that the 550 & 790vx do not have, but looses the autostart.

If you are dead set on adding autostart not designed for a stickshift I would recommend ordering a "nss switch" from aamp of america.

Unless you have a done a few of these installs they can be tough, the 1st one I did several years ago it took me a good day and in the end looked like a big clump of wires.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
mistake

There has been a mistake , i originally posted the model number 800esp for the alarm keyless remotestart systems, that was a mistake on my behalf i was misinformed by one of my employees, the correct model is a viper 550 esp, which is the exact same as the sidwinder 1500 esp andpython 1500esp, Auto mate 553A. Yes, i also can get th window roll up /dwn modules

·
Registered
902 Posts
I had a remote start ( sidewinder ) on my old 5.0 and it was cool for about 3 months, until, after a night of street racing I got home at 6:00am and left it in gear !!! It jumped about 35 yards ( crossing a street ) and hit a telephone pole !! 4 ft. one way or the other a the car would have hit another house !! I lived next to a school at the time ( think if school was just getting out !). If I Hadn't backed the car in, it would have drove straight into my house !! What if a car just happen to be coming ? What would I have told the insurance company?!!!

I also put the same model alarm on two other friends cars ( I worked as an installer at best buy at the time), one drove across a mall parking lot, slamming into a dodge ram, the other beached his on a huge parking curb at checkers ! ( the alarms were removed shortly after ). My alarm is on my 2001 auto focus now.

1) 88' LX hatchback 5.0
2) 94' honda accord EX
3) 90's geo storm GSI ( or what ever )

Want your Twin Turbo Supercar on the same list ?? You've been warning.

I just reminbered that another installers 30,000 mile 300ZX now has a smashed front end now b/c of the same alarm. Its a great alarm, but only on autos ( I'm fixing to research somemore on the other alarm mentioned that has a "fail safe", I'm interested in how this "fail safe" works...

Attachments

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
fail safe

this kit also includes features setup so you can install in into a 5 or 6 speed manual transimission, nutreul saftey switch and brack saftey switch. connect wires to your factory brake switch and nutruel saftey switch

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Aladdin must go through a seq to be able to start again. And if you disarm it to maybe get something it will not start until the seq is done again incase you bumped it into gear. there are other fail safe options out there

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
comment in last post is wrong

Our cars have there own nutreul saftey switch. In the wiring schematic of our cars show on the ecu there is a nss wire that you hook up with the dei remote start systems, and also you hook up to the brake switch wire. and you do not , do not unplug your clutch switch but you do make a relay then tap into the ccluthc switch

1 - 20 of 34 Posts