Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a motor for a build and the clutch came with it. I don’t like the feel of a puc clutch so that’s why I’m selling it. You can see for yourself in the pictures that it’s clearly never been used. I have the oem flywheel if you’d like that as well. $500 shipped in the US

·
Registered
1992 3000GT VR4
1,254 Posts
The flywheel looks machined / used
But the pressure plate and 6 puk clutch disc look semi used (not alot of miles on them)
You can see on the pressure plate center spring tabs that the release bearing was pressed into it ....

Now if you keep the flywheel trash the rest
I would have the runout checked on the flywheel... (check to make sure it isnt Warped)
New one (bout a year ago i purchased one)
Is about 400$.... for OEM flywheel (3sx)

Now with a light weighted flywheel if you go that route ( for street use ) if you live in the rolling hills or mountains your gonna hate it ...
The weight from the OEM flywheel the centripical force from it spinning will help you or assist the motor and drive trane to get you up these hills without having to down shift all the time
The Down fall to running light weighted flywheels on the street
Plus changing the harmonic balancer out as will change the speed of your crankshaft
(Light weight flywheel / under drive pulley) if your not doing BOTH then why do it at all
Taching out or over Rev.... will spin rod bearings with an over rev shift or missing a gear
Engine throttle response is a lot faster
Good thing to keep in mind figured I would share this ....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The flywheel looks machined / used
But the pressure plate and 6 puk clutch disc look semi used (not alot of miles on them)
You can see on the pressure plate center spring tabs that the release bearing was pressed into it ....

Now if you keep the flywheel trash the rest
I would have the runout checked on the flywheel... (check to make sure it isnt Warped)
New one (bout a year ago i purchased one)
Is about 400$.... for OEM flywheel (3sx)

Now with a light weighted flywheel if you go that route ( for street use ) if you live in the rolling hills or mountains your gonna hate it ...
The weight from the OEM flywheel the centripical force from it spinning will help you or assist the motor and drive trane to get you up these hills without having to down shift all the time
The Down fall to running light weighted flywheels on the street
Plus changing the harmonic balancer out as will change the speed of your crankshaft
(Light weight flywheel / under drive pulley) if your not doing BOTH then why do it at all
Taching out or over Rev.... will spin rod bearings with an over rev shift or missing a gear
Engine throttle response is a lot faster
Good thing to keep in mind figured I would share this ....
Thanks for the reply. As for the flywheel I figured I would see if anyone had use for it. Otherwise it’s trash to me. Yes, you can see the clutch was attached and the springs were pressed but that doesn’t necessarily mean it was actually driven. The clutch, along with many other things, were attached to the car but never ran.

17,878 Posts
The drive-ability of that would've improved a lot with just a couple hundred miles of use.

·
Registered
1992 3000GT VR4
1,254 Posts
(INFO) when installing any new flywheel or pressure plate
make sure you get all of the oil off of the face plates
Make sure they are clean
This oil residue is to prevent moisture that causes rust and pitting for a longer shelf life while new in the box
Same with unpainted brake rotors you just don't slap them on (y)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts