Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went down to the Dodge garage today to have my VIN run so I could have a list of all my options. As he was checking if there was any waranty left it came up that there is a recall on the front brake line hoses. The recall was issued 10/14/1996. I am not sure if this is for all years/models but it would be worth checking out. The recall is not an inspection, the hoses get replaced. According to the recall manual, the hoses crack and leak under certain conditions.
Jeremy
94 RT/TT

·
no speed limits here
3,438 Posts
Jeremy,

I, too, have a '94RT/TT. Do you mean to tell me I might have some warranty left? I only have 33K but I thought my car was past the warranty period.

Thanx,

Steve

·
BFA
1,180 Posts
The actual recall was for the front brake lines to be "re-routed", not replaced. It's only for certain stealths, I think onl 93, that were made at certain factories, in a certain time frame. The recall was because the brake lines rubbed against the tires if the tires were turned all the way, so they just have to re-route them so the don't rub.

Jason

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Steve, if you only have 33k mi you might have some warranty left. It depends on what your car was purchased with. If it was purchased with 7yr/70k mi you might. My car had 36 months or 36k mi on Basic and AC, 12 mo or 12k mi on adjustments, 60 mo or 60k on power train and emmisions and 84 mo or 100k on perforation (rust). The last one is still in effect for me until 2/1/01. I'm pretty sure the warranty stays with the car and not the owner. Have your local Dodge dealer run your VIN, they need the last nine characters. Either way you still need to have your front brake hoses replaced under the recall unless they have alread been replaced. Hope you still have some warranty left!
Jeremy
94 RT/TT

·
645 Posts
Warranty doesn't matter if there is a recall. They must fix it no matter how long it is out of warrany if it is a recall.

·
Registered
4,503 Posts
Jeremy, there ought to be some kind of identification for that recall, such as a 5 zillion digit number.

If you can get that number from your mechanic, then we can look it up on the NHTSA's web site for details, and see who it applies to.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, the recall is to have the front brake hoses replaced. These are the hoses that go from the body of the car to the front calipers. The recall number from the print out is 699.

As far as the warranty goes I was just suggesting that Steve check to see if he has any left on his car.

Jeremy
94 RT/TT

·
no speed limits here
3,438 Posts
Thanks Jeremy,

Sorry for the slow response to your reply; I've been away for the weekend. I will certainly research my VIN # and look into that brake line recall.

Steve

1 - 8 of 8 Posts