Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
resident evil
17,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brake light used to come on on hard launches. Now it comes on intermittently on any acceleration. Is there some adjustment to make at the hand brake to eliminate this? I even hold the hand brake down and it does this. Anybody have the same problem / solution? Its annoying and everybody points it out when in the car.

Sam 95 VR4

D

·
0 Posts
Your brake resevoir is low top it up this will eliminate your light b.t.w I wish every problem were this easy to fix this exact same thing happened to me
DAVE

·
Registered
182 Posts
Sam, check the amount of free play on the emergency brake cable. Mine is loose, can move the handle up about an inch before it actually pulls the cable. I have to get under the car to adjust it. Under hard acceleration the handle moves toward the back of the car and lights the brake light on the dash. If I put my hand on the emergency brake handle and keep it down, it won't light up.

Brian 1995 VR-4

·
resident evil
17,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its not the low brake fluid reservoir. It lights up even if I hold the lever down, thats why I thought it was something else. There is a alot of free play in it and I will tighten it up and see anyway. However, it seems the unlikely culprit because it happens even with my hand on the lever.

Thanks guys

Sam 95 Vr4

1 - 4 of 4 Posts