Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I've gotta get these brake calipers painted sometime. I can't really spill out the money for new rims, and I know that you're not going to see the calipers much. But, if I were to paint them, I would prob want a color to stand out. Now the scheme on my car seems to be going in the way of metallic silver, and blue, since my pedals are silver, wiper blades, and plate frame. What would look good on my car!? Should I bother? Does anyone know anyone who has painted calipers on stock rims?
My car below

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
Just go to Walmart/Meijer/Autozone and get the Ford Blue caliper paint. Its a nice not fake/not dull looking blue.
It's worth it. And I think you could afford rims now.
www.ozwheels.com get some 18x9 Turbolares for 80 bucks. Then dont put them on during the winter...after all all that salt and shit isn't good for them.
Then In spring time you will have saved enough money to get some tires put on em. Then mount them

-Jeff

·
Registered
689 Posts
I used Hi-temp yellow on mine. Had to do something because they are pretty visible with my open spokes. The green you see are my Green Stuff brake pads.

·
THE MAN, THE AMERICAN
2,015 Posts
If you make them blue, I'd suggest something to compliment it, especially if you got rims that showed it more. Being that blue isn't the traditional color for brake calipers (most do red, nothing wrong with blue) you might want to stencil STEALTH in silver on there? Just a thought...

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
The only thing I can tell u is that u will have to find High Temp paint

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
They have 8's on there I think.
Plus why wouldn't you be able to have wider?
(start a thread asking that...as I do not know the answer :( (sorry)
-Jeff

1 - 8 of 8 Posts