Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know someone on the forum has a 99 3000gt vr4 BPU+. What exactly does a BPU consist of on a 3kgt? I know it stands for basic performance upgrade, and usually involves adding an intake, exhaust kit, and bigger turbos, is this what it is for the 3000gt?

·
Registered
695 Posts
actually, bpu would consist of intake, dp, exhaust, boost controller and fuel computer. then bpu + and bpu ++ (kinda gay terms imo) would be cam gears, underdrive pulleys, fuel pumps, etc. going by supra terms, adding bigger turbos would be apu (advanced performance upgrades).

·
Bored User
8,535 Posts
advr4 said:
actually, bpu would consist of intake, dp, exhaust, boost controller and fuel computer.

I wouldn't consider a fuel computer etc.. part of BPU. Just an intake, downpipe, exhaust and boost controller. A BOV can and should be a part of it as well. However, not a requisite unless the stocker is leaking (as many do).

·
The Blank Man
1,161 Posts
there is the NA Upgrade Bible floating around somewhere made by Yogurt!

·
3kgt Driver
3,505 Posts
someone flamed me for saying that any car can be termed "BPU" but i still back it up

·
3kgt Driver
3,505 Posts
Zprime said:
BPU= Bolt on Performance Upgrade
or was it basic performance upgrade...man I am forgetful...
Basic Performance Upgrade..its all good man

·
The Blank Man
1,161 Posts
you all forgot the TM after the BPUTM :rolleyes:

·
Registered
944 Posts
Why don't we consider them "stage" upgrades like the 300zx's and WRX's?

Interesting how depending on the car, the upgrades have different names.

For instance when I had my Taurus SHO, if you add exhaust, intake, UDP etc you were considered a Taurus SHO BOS (Bolt On Stage)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.