Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Greddy Type S BOV. And I hear these stories of people running open loops. How is this possible? Do you plug the hole leading back into the intake or what? And if you do, then how does that affect performance? Does this make your car run rich in between shifts? Maybe these are retarded questions, but could someone help me out anywayz? Thanks guys.
Johnny

·
Registered
130 Posts
good question I was wondering the same thing. If you make it open then does it affect performance. i have a blitz super sound and I am runnin open atmosphere but it retains the stock BOV. I want to get a greddy because I have heard that our cars run better with it and I like the chirp sound. Did the greddy make your car louder? Can you hear your turbos spool up now?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The turbos spooling up deal isn't any louder than stock...not to me anyway, but the sound right after is pretty loud...and loud with good sound quality...Bottom line, I love the sound of it. So I guess nobody knows if it affects performance or not, I'll just have to test it out myself.

·
Registered
466 Posts
No it will not affect the performance..... There's no increase or decrease of power for the BOV... The only thing is that it helps your turbo because it will blow out all the air inside the tube when you release the gas or when you shift........... and it got a good sound afterward ... pretty fun when you attract attention on the bus stop......

·
Registered
832 Posts
yes, you would run rich when/right after shifting. Car would probably stumble a little bit, therefor affecting performance. Before the measured air blew back into the intake after the MAS, so it was used at some point. Afterwards, you are blowing measured air to the atmosphere. The computer thinks that the air is still there when its actually not, and it shoots fuel for that missing air, making engine run rich. You can get a VPC, then you can run an open loop BOV and not run rich. I don't know how much it affects performance, but if it didn't at all, I believe that most ppl would run theirs open. You might check and see how much it hurts, but I'm sure it does.

·
Registered
641 Posts
i run an open loop blitz bov. it doesnt hurt performance at all, however when you drive noral it has an irratic idle. ive heard at high boost if your running more than 16 psi you will stall from running rich between shifts, but im not runnijng near that boost so im fine. the open loop sounds hard as hell, and i scare the shit out of everyone that knows what it is.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, I guess I'll just keep it closed and wait until I get the VPC or the ARCII. Im pretty sure you can run an open loop with the ARCII........ Thanks again.
Johnny

1 - 7 of 7 Posts