Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I bought a new daily driver today. Its a 2001 Eclipse GT. Its Black with tan interior, 5spd with 98 miles on it. What do you guys think? I used to bash the car for not being that fast but it does have decent pick up and is a comfortable ride. Im sure I'll mod it a bit (intake, exaust, headers) it should be good for mid 14s but anyways aside from the ugly front lights I think I really like it and hopefully I'll get some stories with it.

·
Registered
277 Posts
What made you decide to take a new one over the last generation (read Turbo Eclipse)

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
congrats..

I use to have a 2000 Eclipse and I love it, I just need it something a little bit faster ;)

You are more than welcome to check out Club3g is a board just like 3SI witch I'm a Moderator.

Hope to see you there.

FYI: There is one eclipse that ran a 14.5 with just a CAI and no muffer :) don't believe me?

Click Here

·
Registered
350 Posts
I like those little cars, I almost bought one as a second car awhile back. The eclipse Spyder is sweet :D

·
Bored User
8,535 Posts
My girlfriend has a 2000 Eclipse RS. It's a nice car and pretty peppy for a 4-banger. I get more races driving her Eclipse than I do in either on of my cars.:rolleyes: It'll roast 1st gear and get a pretty good chirp into 2nd. It has a very nice E-brake as well. It's a lease so I beat on it as much as possible.:D

·
Registered
727 Posts
power how much did your trans am cost and what kinda engine does it run? Its such a nice looking car.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well to be honest, I've been seeing friends get raped with problems on used cars and also the crankwalk issue remains with the older ones so even though I prefer the exterior of the 2nd gens much better I am just relieved to have a NEW car with no problems and a warranty.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts