Obsessive Carpolsive
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vid of me pulling up after picking up my VR4

·
Obsessive Carpolsive
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm 6'6", but I fit better in the VR4 than I do in my first Gen Neon so I think i'm heading in the right direction! lol Thanks!

·
That Stanced 3000GT
226 Posts
you bought that from Hans at Ground Zero didnt you? haha

·
Obsessive Carpolsive
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
CAR RAM-ROD
1,763 Posts
Nice purchase!

·
Obsessive Carpolsive
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice purchase!
I'm liking the SRT4 btw! Here is a vid of my 1st gen at the track & me going down my street with a open long tube header, which the camera mic can't handle lol or my ears for that matter.

·
Obsessive Carpolsive
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No garage so this is the best I could do to hide it from the approaching snow storm.

·
That Stanced 3000GT
226 Posts
yup definitely recognize that from hans. great buy and if u ever need parts or work - GO TO HIM! not a generic shop. i learned tht the hard way

·
Obsessive Carpolsive
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good advice great people from my experience so far. Standing strong behind their sale too, which is VERY VERY hard to find in the used car sales.

Current project is replacing the rear wheel bearing. Got the hub assembly out today and looks like it heated up so much it threw some slag on the stub shaft(i think thats what its called).

Removed the bearing race cover to see what they look liked...

This is the metal slag I was talking about on the stub shaft. I'm thinking I may grind it down flush to the surface this shouldn't cause any vibrations at high speeds right?

Very dirty! Still need to punch out the Inner Bearing and Seal.

Ordering the parts now :)

·
Obsessive Carpolsive
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks!

I guess this is going to turn into my project log since I don't see any other place for it on the forum. Went out to the my barn where I'm storing the car while I get these couple of things wrapped up so I can get it to pass inspection and saw LOTS of cat prints on the car.:mad:

Now this is on its way... Technalon® / Evolution®

Custom fit too :D

·
Obsessive Carpolsive
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Got the inner bearing and seal off today and installed the new one. Now getting the dust shield, outer bearing and antilock ring pressed at a shop tomorrow morning.

Also took on the tutorial on how to rewire the active aero to manual operation. Mine wasn't working at all when I started since I don't have the front airdam. This was the result...

Rigged up for testing

Wires all cleaned up

Lady Gaga just happened to be on the radio... Don't want you guys thinking I own the cds or anything:p

Very happy with the result! :D

·
Obsessive Carpolsive
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Car passed inspection, but am now in no start diagnostic mode:mad: starting to narrow it down to the CAS...

In the mean time getting rid of some uneeded parts :D

Also took out Wastegate solenoid plug

·
Obsessive Carpolsive
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
great progress! good job on "manning" it up =)
Thanks Alot!

Tonight I finished up removing the clutch vacum lines and getting the new lines run (tried to keep it as clean as possible) Really wanna get rid of that AC now:muahaha:

This line going to the brake booster does not need a check valve correct?

I also knew the Front Air Dam was missing, but noticed some parts were still attached. bye bye extra weight :D

Last, but not least this showed up in the mail today!

Dropped battery off to be charged/tested at Autozone. Once I have the wires and my battery back (if it turns out to be no good I plan on going with a dry cell half size, but still gotta do research and figure out which one) I'm going to start testing all electrical systems again since I feel like I'm starting to get a better understanding. I sure hope it turns out to be something simple and not $$$CAS$$$:eek:

·
Obsessive Carpolsive
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
New plugs and wires Installed. Stealth 316's write up helped on assembling the wires, but I have no idea how he did it without any di-electric grease I almost killed myself trying before making the trip to Autozone.

1 - 20 of 651 Posts