Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
3.2.1.....Go!
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that you should not use Bosche plugs, but I have never heard of anyone using these. Seems like this would be good for a TT to help deal with plug blowout.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
I have those in my car! I really can't tell too much of a diff. with them in, but I have a N/A so I don't know about TT's! Why should you not use these plugs?

·
3.2.1.....Go!
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not sure about N/A, but Bosche do not hold up well in the TT. It burns out really fast and creates a studder in the engine at high boost (spark plug blowout).

·
The Wizard Of Aaahhhhh's
1,596 Posts
I have heard from several people that the Bosch +4 are just as bad, if not worse than the regular Bosch Platinums. Here is a pic of my old Bosch Platinums:

Notice the one on the left has a small hole in the center of it. The one on the right is filled in. I don't know which one is normal, but I will never use them again. When I switched to Bosch, I definately noticed a loss in power.

By looking at the picture that you posted of the +4, it looks like the center of the plug is the same design as the regular ones. I would just stick with NGK's.

Chris

·
Registered
478 Posts
The one on the right is normal the one on the left is very abnormal I hope the platinum tip didnt fall in to your engine and scratch your cylinder wall hopefully it just eroded or went out the exhuast valve.

·
The Wizard Of Aaahhhhh's
1,596 Posts
The one on the left wasn't the only one that was like that. If the tip did fall out, oh well....not much I can do about it now. They just suck....I wouldn't use them in a chevette. :)

Chris

·
Registered
478 Posts
My tips didnt fall out but I had a severe hesitation at 4500rpm {after a few months}that was cured when I went back to the NGKs.

·
Registered
466 Posts
i had those in my car! till one worked it's way loose and shot out of the hole! screw bosch! if it weren't for the little plastic sparkplug cover(which, btw, was cracked completely in half) the lil fcker would've gone right through my hood.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I used them in my N/A and they were great! I could also tell a difference in proformance. Maybe the NGKs I had in there before were old and shot.? Ya got me:confused:

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Don't use the Bosch Plus 4's on a TT car. I did and they came out in week. They have a large gap (not adjustable) and suffer badly from spark blow out.

I changed them when I first got the car just to have new plugs in it. It was running fine. Started having problems at WOT. Pulled out the Bosch's, put in new NGK's, and everything was fine once again.

Chris
1994 VR4

1 - 12 of 12 Posts