Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I tried them on my VR4 and they were a disaster. Spark blow out problems. Replaced them inside of a week. Once I put NGK's back in the problems went away. Never again.

Chris
1994 VR4

·
Registered
127 Posts
Agree

Consumer reports tested them and said they were a piece of crap. I tried them in a 4 banger I had and I agree, truly marketing hupe, CRAP!

·
14.1 @ 100mph N/A
5,289 Posts
I worked for the nations #1 Bosch dealer for a while, and I NEVER recommended +4's because the exposed spark kernel is bad in high compression and/or forced induction engines. The Bosch Platinum's are great for cars with plug fouling problems, though. I use them in my motorcycle and Valiant.

·
Registered
265 Posts
the denso platinums worked great for me. they were my number two choice being almost half the price of the NGK, but yeah I think most people say NGK are the best pick

·
Registered
373 Posts
Ouch!

I put them in my SL last spring. No problems, but I have since read more on this board and will probably put in NGKs with my next tune. I'm just too lazy, cheap, and it's getting too darn cold to go remove the plenum again! :)

Chhers -- G

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Just to be clear-

Bosch makes the +4's in a version that they list for the VR4, they just don't work. So its not a case of putting a plug in that was not intended for the car by the plug manufacturer, it is a case of the plugs not working in the car.

Chris
1994 VR4

·
Detroit RiceCop
659 Posts
Wow, I never realized so many have had problems with these plugs. I live by Bosch +4 and have been using them for the past two tune ups, but I have a Base model. It hasn't given me problems but I definately will not use them on my future VR4.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts