Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,023 Posts
Also set a finite time frame, because a savings of 100 bucks is not going to make me hold off on a purchase that long. If I do decide to order one, would only want to wait 2 weeks or so for rest of group to make up their mind, sign up or back out.
Trying to decide if the borla is better than the HKS twin turbo exhaust. Think it looks alot better, but will be louder than I really want.

Lord Warlock

·
VT Hokie Fan
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
UPDATE

Those fools STILL haven't called me back. Also, they're never there when I call and never return my calls...

Fuck em then. I don't want to wait for 6 months for these idiots to tell me they forgot or couldn't get so many systems.

I'll send the same info & request to Performance International in CA. They came in 2nd best in price, listing the Borla for about $5 more than SF ~ hopefully we'll get an equally nice deal.

·
Jordan
3,032 Posts
Re: UPDATE

Telionis-1 said:
Those fools STILL haven't called me back. Also, they're never there when I call and never return my calls...

Fuck em then. I don't want to wait for 6 months for these idiots to tell me they forgot or couldn't get so many systems.

I'll send the same info & request to Performance International in CA. They came in 2nd best in price, listing the Borla for about $5 more than SF ~ hopefully we'll get an equally nice deal.
sounds great.. i'm excited. ;)

·
VT Hokie Fan
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Here...

Here are the pics of Ruiner's old car, very beautiful:

I used to have a pic of the system itself, but can't find it now...

It's a 3" from cat and splits into two 2.5" pipes leading to two separate mufflers and the beautiful non-rice intercooled tips. Back when I was considering the two, I took the pics to my dad and asked which he thought would flow better... he's 35 year chair professor of Fluid Dynamics w/ work on YF-22 prototype, Northrop B2, and Sea-wolf class sub. Also was the editor in chief of ASME's Journal of Fluids Engineering & founder of Aeroprobe corp., which specializes in fluid flow measurements {www.aeroprobe.com. He suggested the Borla would flow slightly better due to the y section going into larger (2 x 2.5") pipes, but probably both would be very comparable. He wanted to explain it, but when he explains something, he gives you a 3 hour lecture so I decided to just believe him.

The Borla is however notably lighter, clearly less ricey (no twin 4" tips for a single 3" catback), and imho sounds more civilized/clean, less 5.0 mustang more Ferrari 360. Quite simply, a better exhaust imo. This is why I chose the Borla for group buy rather than the ATR, which I'm sure ApexVr4 would have given us a good deal.

·
Jordan
3,032 Posts
sweet

well i'm basically in, as long as i get a guarantee on shipping dates and a for sure price. Keep us updated on what the word is from the companies for this exhaust.

·
Captain Slow
1,117 Posts
I'll prolly be in for sure if we can get FULL details.

For sure buyers: copy and paste the list into a reply.

1. vr4driver

On the fence buyers

1. Lord Warlock
2. KuJaX
3. 3KGTCRUISER

·
Looks Fast, gets looks.
1,034 Posts
Im in if this happens soon.

I am definetly buyin the borla exhaust for my car, but also wont wait till like the end of next month or whatever. Seeing how ill be putting my car away for winter in the next few months. I want to enjoy it for at least a little while. So basically if this happens withing a few weeks im in for sure!!!

Later
Ryan

·
Jordan
3,032 Posts
1. vr4driver
2. Sweet Stealth (if we get this done within the next few weeks)

On the fence buyers

1. Lord Warlock
2. KuJaX
3. 3KGTCRUISER

come on, there has to be more. ;)

·
Ziggy Socky!
1,717 Posts
so whats the update, any prices or time frames yet? I will buy the boral exhaust in 2 weeks either way so I hope I can save some $$ with you. :)

·
Premium Member
9,023 Posts
Sorry guys, I'm out.

Due to unforseen circumstances, an exhaust is the least of my worries. Shit.
Picked up car from Mitsu dealership yesterday after a week in the shop for Valve Stem Seal replacement, and on way home, Wham. sounds like a rod went. Suspicious of the dealership right now, but after spending 5k so far, if have to will get an HKS short block.
Custom paint will also have to wait. shit shit shit.

Anyway, hope you enjoy your borlas. have a good buy and remove me from the fence.

Lord Warlock

·
Registered
596 Posts
1. vr4driver
2. Sweet Stealth (if we get this done within the next few weeks)
3. Ghost271 (if they take credit cards)

On the fence buyers

1. Lord Warlock
2. KuJaX
3. 3KGTCRUISER

Again get a final price on this shizzy so I can figure out if I need to pull it off th shopping list (car is getting tweaked hard from now until mid november, Ported TEC 17G's etc.....)

·
Registered
176 Posts
I"m interested

I'm looking to get exhaust by the end of this summer so keep me posted and now i'd say i'm 90% in. Just one question, I have the SL, I know a couple people said they're still going to get this but will there be any drawbacks from using a TT exhaust? will it affect performance in any way?

But good deal.I'm most likely in

·
Premium Member
9,023 Posts
Its my understanding, and I could be mistaken, that the turbo exhaust will fit on the NA or SL models, and sounds great (Loud) But there is some changes necessary for the hangers or mounting. So expect to pay some extra to the shop to install it. I'm sure that there is several discussions on the topic so would recommend reading those to see what you are getting into. I personally hate the search feature, but that I'm probably using it wrong anyway. But should provide good reading while your butts are getting prodded by the points on top of the fence.

Lord Warlock
Out but monitoring anyway.

·
white bread
1,350 Posts
No offense to anyone, but I don't see this buy happening :( I just went ahead and ordered my borla today from Summit. $654 shipped and will be here in 2 days.

Good luck to you though

Jason

·
Ziggy Socky!
1,717 Posts
I have to say I'm with you flyers1470. I have run out of patience and just ordered it from summit and it will be here in 2 days and cost me $650.

For the rest of you if you have a little more patience than me you can buy the system at ptunning.com for $569. I did not do this because they are out of stock and will not get them in for about 2 weeks. Also if you go to this link first

http://www.ptuning.com/html/discount_code.cfm?clubid=ptjbodyorg

It will give you a five percent discount so you can get your system for $574.40 Shipped to your door. I hope this helps the rest of you if the groupbuy does not work out
:cool:

Lenny:mitsu:

21 - 40 of 53 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.