Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
VT Hokie Fan
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If you're like me you're kicking yourself in the head for not getting in on the last group buy (2 years ago) where the guys got them for $415 new...

OHH :(

Well - we'll never get that deal again, but perhaps we can get a pretty damn good one.

I've spent about a year reading every related thread, and searching for the best price for these bad boys. Most people agree that the Borla & ATR are about the same in flow capability, with the Borla being considerably LIGHTER. The right hand pipe on the ATR is almost worthless. I've also heard both in person at the Pigeon Forge gathering (sig pic), and was blown away by Dave Best's Borla. Sounds GREAT.

If you don't look around much its very possible you'd spend ~$720 on one. DON'T. Even if you're reading this six months from now & the group buy is over. Jegs.com and www.summitracing.com have it new for ~$630.

The best deal I've ever seen so far is from a small shop in North Carolina called SF Motorsports. They carry the thing for $599 at the moment. But unlike a HUGE company like Jegs or Summit, are probably be willing to give 3Si a group buy deal.

I'm going to call them tomorrow morning & try to get it down to $560 or so, {as a starting price, say 560 for 10, 530 for 15 etc...}.

Who else is looking at an exhaust system now, and would consider this??? We can decide on closing date in this thread, but I'd rather not wait more than a month.

EDIT (8/12/02):

Performance International will give us the group buy. Sorry for not updating earlier. We were in contact for this delay period, but they themselves were waiting for mass order quote's from Borla.

If we get 12 people, we'll get the turbo for $525, if we get just a hair under $500 if we get 18 people.

This is a GO,

http://www.3si.org/vbb/showthread.php?threadid=95276

Do NOT sign up in this thread please.

For those who insist on the ATR, let me just share my findings with you 3Si brothers:

The cheapest I've ever seen it is www.apexvr4.com who has it for $655!

·
Looks Fast, gets looks.
1,034 Posts
I would be in.

I was planning on ordering a borla for my TT in the next few weeks. I was gonna go with summitracing because i found it for $636 and that was the cheapest i found. So if this goes throught for like $5** i would definately be in.

Keep me posted
Ryan

·
Registered
596 Posts
I would deifinately be interested, my only questions is are we all going to have to order at once and then wait till this place gets them and ships them out to all of us?

Been there done that...... took like a month just for the place to ge them all and hten another 2 weeks for the damn thing to get to me. Oh yeah and lets not forget the 3 week window where everone is calling in there order and shiet.

Still for 560 or less I can tolerate the delays, never mind the fact that at the moment my car is basically a 3200lb paperweight in my garage (blew motor up mid May and been working on it since):eek: :( :rolleyes:

·
white bread
1,350 Posts
Count me in, I was gonna order from them anyway!

Also find out how long from payment to my doorstep...after waiting 5 months for turbos, I'd rather just order it myself, pay more, and get it now than save a few bucks and wait forever and a day.

Jason
[email protected]

·
Premium Member
9,023 Posts
Maybe there is two threads like this. Thought I added a post already on this topic. I would be interested in a borla if the price was right. With everything else done, would be foolish to retain the factory cat back. Looking for the TT version.

Lord Warlock

·
Jordan
3,032 Posts
I am also interested. But like everyone else, I dont want to wait forever just for it to get to me. I want this to be like... you give them a list of names, addresses and e-mails.. they contact us, and when WE give them our money, we get the product. Not give our money, and then 6 months later it is ours. Keep me posted.

·
Registered
79 Posts
borla

let me know when and how. I am in.

william

612 242 9876

·
VT Hokie Fan
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
damn straight

KuJaX said:
I am also interested. But like everyone else, I dont want to wait forever just for it to get to me. I want this to be like... you give them a list of names, addresses and e-mails.. they contact us, and when WE give them our money, we get the product. Not give our money, and then 6 months later it is ours. Keep me posted.
I want my freaking exhaust installed before end of August. INSTALLED, with the egt thermocouple & all. So I'll close the group buy probably the 15th, hope to have it in my hands by 22nd or so.

The guy's gonna call me tomorrow. Hopefully...

·
VT Hokie Fan
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
uhhh

Probably no. Yes they do make one, but this is a group buy on the twin turbo exhaust. I'll ask when I talk to him tomorrow, but most likly he'll get a volume discount from his dealer for a single part ~> the VR4 exhaust.

·
Premium Member
9,023 Posts
Find out if the discount is for 5, or 10 buyers. How long it will take to fill orders and ship them, and we can start a list of interested parties.

For sure buyers: copy and paste the list into a reply.

On the fence buyers

1. Lord Warlock

Lord Warlock

·
Jordan
3,032 Posts
I will be a for sure buyer if we get a good amount of people, so we get a good discount, and we have a promised date to have them by.

For sure buyers: copy and paste the list into a reply.

On the fence buyers

1. Lord Warlock
2. KuJaX

·
Registered
216 Posts
fadein:

I have an SL and im getting the TT one.

Better airflow, deeper sound. The N/A borla is TRASH. Has like 4 mufflers and restrictions. The TT one just requires a bracket to be welded on by a muffler shop, my shop quoted me 10 dollars.

·
Registered
103 Posts
1. vr4driver

i'm in like flynn daddy-o!!! send me a pm when details are all lined out

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.