Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my eye on the Borla Cat-Back Exhaust System for the non turbo being sold at dynamicracing.com. It doesn't give a whole lot of information about the system. What elements of Daveblack's suggested N/A staged upgrades does it contain? Does anyone have this, and if so, are they pleased with the result?? $850 is a lot to spend, and I want to make the right decision.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
For that price man...you should just get a Custom Cat - Back Exhaust put in with a FreeFlow CAT and a Nice Muffler. It will cost you about $500 depending on where you go of course. Worth it to go with the $500 Exhaust setup, it will give you more power thanks to the Aftermarket FreeFlow CAT.

My .02 cents but everybody has there own opinions.;)

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have the borla exaust on my 91 SL and I like it alot. I got lucky and was able to buy it used for 650. It sounds very nice at higher rpm's, it added torque and atleast 10 horsepower, and looks cool from behind. But it is a tough decision because 850 is alot to spend.If u have the money to spend then go for it, if not then u should try to get opinions from guys who have other exaust systems and see what they think. I dont know much about the other cat backs such as HKS and Greddy. Good luck man...feel free to ask if u have any questions about the borla.

·
I am Cool
373 Posts
Hmm

Why dont you just go to www.nopi.com and purchase the twin turbo borla exhaust system.

I heard they both fit the same as the n/a and the tt is about $579.00 dollars also ...save some money =)

·
Registered
856 Posts
Re: Hmm

BlackGTO said:
Why dont you just go to www.nopi.com and purchase the twin turbo borla exhaust system.

I heard they both fit the same as the n/a and the tt is about $579.00 dollars also ...save some money =)
i think the turbo exhaust has one less muffler as well. sounds awesome too :)

Just remember, both the turbo and n/a borla exhaust is dual exit. Since you've got a stealth, you'll have to have a body shop cut your bumper to fit it. Also, the turbo exhaust requires an extra hanger to be welded. Any muffler shop can do it.

.jon

·
I am Cool
373 Posts
but

if you have a 3000gt you don't have to modify the bumper right? only stealths? just wanted to clarify things

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi
I got my Borla at carparts.com for 650, they matched the price I got from Summitracing.com. This was a great deal. Its a stainless system with duals
Good Luck
Eddie

·
Registered
127 Posts
i heard from a guy at a muffler shop that our cat and an aftermarket freeflow cat have really no difference the muffler and the resonators are the prob

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
I would have to disagree with that. If you remove your cat you will see that the whole thing is filled with chemicals that clean out the exhaust. If you buy a FreeFlow CAT or simply Gutt your own CAT you will be getting through there much smoother. HEHE..imagine trying to go through a hallway of webs ( with average CAT ) compared to an empty hallway ( with Gutted or FreeFlow CAT ). ;)

·
Registered
189 Posts
About two years ago I got an awsome custom cat back system made for a jetta I had. It only cost me $270 and with the dual outlet flowmasters on a 2.0l 4cyl the thing sounded soooo sweat. Like a real throaty built v6. that and igot a bunch of power. So you dont have to spend a shit load. Just look around your area, I bet you could find a good deal.

I am going back to those guys in a few weeks and havig them do another exhast on my stealth. Its gonna be like the exhaust on a mustang cobra R. You know... the two tips stickin out at a slight angle, on each side of the car in front of the rear tires. I think its gonna be sick! Plus its only gonna be like $300.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts