Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
the fat and the furriest
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im getting ready to turn up the boost, but ive noticed that my car already spikes up to 15 pounds for about 1 second in each gear past 1st. the car runs at 10 psi except for the spike, does that mean i cant turn the boost up any more until i upgrade my fuel, or does a spike not really matter

·
Registered
478 Posts
In your sig it says" boost guage {autometer}, coming soon"so does that mean you are still running on the stock boost guage or coming soon "sentence not finished"some other part or accesory

·
Premium Member
1,229 Posts
I second bad84kat's question, are you basing your boost off the factory gage or an aftermarket gage? It has been well documented that the factory gage is optomistic (reads high). We cannot fully answer your question until we know if the boost values you speak of are real. A graph of boost vs engine speed would be nice.

·
the fat and the furriest
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah im running the autometer gauge, but i pop one of my hoses off, cleaned it out a bit and put it back on today, and it kinda went away, it still spikes but for a small amount of time, any suggestions?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts