Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The ideia is to install a DSBC boost control from BLITZ to increase boost. The question is if we indeed need powerfull fuel pump and/or how would the ECU control the mixture with standard fuel injectors (should them be upgraded to 550cc ?) .
How would ECU control the engine mixture when idle with larger fuel injectors (550cc)?
The intention is to move further with Nitrous system, etc...trying to reach 500hp with all necessary equipment to make it safety and durable, using best market products and hopefully with the help of this list helpfull hints. :cool:

·
Registered
856 Posts
You need either the Split Second ARC2 or some other fuel controller for 550cc injectors. I think u can run up to about 19psi safely if, on stock internals (if you've got the fuel for it - injectors and pump).

How much juice are you shooting?

Boost + nitrous = tuning nightmare (seems like it to me at least)

.jon

.jon

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess for 19psi i woul dneed to replace stock Y-Pipe that seems to blow off over 15psi....
I don´t know what you mena from " how much juice i am shooting" ....i am not used to this nice car slang as i am brazilian citizen....
Thanks for your reply !
I just looked into GP performance web site and found this ARC2 system that seems to be the solution.

·
Registered
856 Posts
lborges said:
I guess for 19psi i woul dneed to replace stock Y-Pipe that seems to blow off over 15psi....
I don´t know what you mena from " how much juice i am shooting" ....i am not used to this nice car slang as i am brazilian citizen....
Thanks for your reply !
I just looked into GP performance web site and found this ARC2 system that seems to be the solution.
Doh! you're absolutely right, you're gonna want another y-pipe.

What size nitrous (juice) shot is what I meant, sorry.

If you wanna compare prices, dynamic racing sells the arc2 for about $1k:

http://www.dynamicracing.com/3000GT___Stealth/FUEL_SYSTEMS/fuel_systems.html

.jon

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ahaha...now i understand...OK, the "juice" will be for 50hp only.I still don´t know the proper size but indeed would be for a "simple" 50hp shot.
Thanks for the hint on the dynamic web site...:D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
YEs, i saw this one this morning....a lot of good information in there. The turbos i want to boost up to 20psi plus nitrous...and forged pistons, etc....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts