Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
The New Super Pimp
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've tried searching for answers but hven't had much luck. Anyway my question is what type of boost controller, turbo timer, and blow off valve should i purchase. I understand everyone has thier own opinions but what has worked well for you guys. I ask because the local tuning shop is all about apexi stuff but i've heard from some people they have had problems with them (detenation). The local shop says no problems ever but i really can't trust them so i'm left on my own to figure it out unless i can get help from you guys. If there is a link to a previous discussion about this that will work too. Basically what has worked for you guys? apexi, gredy, blitz? pros, cons of them. (by the way apexi models look good and have nice features (i think)but like i said people have been ripping apexi a new asshole so i'm confused)

Thanks and sorry for my ignorance on the subject.:dodge: :dodge:

·
The New Super Pimp
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
come on. you people who hate apexi at least tell me why you hate them. I heard that some people say its really hard to tune right. is that it or is there faulty circuitry. no offense just wanna know

thanks

·
Registered
256 Posts
For the BC I use the greddy profec A, and have had no problems and I'm pretty happy with the preformance so far. As far as turbo timer, I don't have one, I just let the car sit for a few minutes after each drive. BOV I plan on running the greddy type-s, it is one of the best closed bov's you can buy.

·
Registered
17,589 Posts
Boost Controller: Blitz SBC-iD (relatively simple to use, great features, etc)
Blow Off Valve: GReddy Type-S (closed loop) - I don't own this yet, but this is what I am planning to buy...
Turbo Timer: Don't have one. Don't plan to get one. Waste of money. Just sit in your car for 30 seconds to a minute! It's not too hard :)

·
Registered
9,645 Posts
go blitz all the way. the dsbc or sbc-id's are great ebc's. their type 1 TT is great.

for bov's the TurboXS HRFL is great if youre looking for a cheap solution to solve the leaking stock bov. If you want to spend a bunch of money on it, get the HKS

·
Premium Member
1,784 Posts
HKS Turbo Timer Type 1
HKS EVC IV controller
TurboXS RFL BOV

All work great, no problems. Would recommend them and buy them again if I had to.

·
Bored User
8,534 Posts
Boost controller: Blitz DSBC Spec-R

Turbo timer: no preference

BOV: Greddy Type-S

·
Registered
683 Posts
Blitz TT/BG

I dont have the link handy, cus i'm on a school computer, but www.GruppeS.com (somehin like that) has the Blitz DTT Boost Guage and Turbo timer with harness for only 140 shipped. Its a hella deal, and i love mine... for those guys that say a TT is worthless... they def have never seen one in action... why would i want to sit in my car every time i drive it for 5 minutes?

Thte blitz DTT monitors your boost, est rpm, and somethin else (i forget) and calculates how much times ur car should run after shut down...

joe

·
Registered
767 Posts
How necessary is a turbo timer? Is it even that necessary to let it idle for 30 seconds to a minute? What exactly will happen to the car if you don't. Is it necessary every time you shut down, or just when driven hard. Would it be enough to drive it slowly for the last couple of miles?

·
Premium Member
1,784 Posts
Would it be enough to drive it slowly for the last couple of miles?
Yes. If you aren't boosting the last few miles you won't have a problem. If you are boosting, just let the car idle for awhile before you shut it down.

A turbo timer is not necessary. For me, I like one because I hate waiting a minute or so in the car after driving. When I'm in a parking lot or pull in my garage, I just wanna get out of the car and do what needs to be done instead of sitting around. If you don' t mind waiting, save your $$.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I have the following:

HKS Type 1 Turbo Timer
Blitz DSBC
Turbo XS H-34 Open Loop with RFL spring.

I really like all of them....but. If I had to buy again, I would buy a Compustar 2 way pager alarm which has a build in Turbo Timer, and skip buying the HKS Type 1...even though it is excellent...it is a pain to get it working with your alarm system.

I would also buy an HKS SSBOV. The H-34/RFL is nice, but VERY loud. And I feel the HKS is more reliable. You have to keep the H-34/RFL oiled, etc.

No complaints about the DSBC. It is a little tricky to adjust the boost at first, as you just adjust the ratio/gain...not just set a boost level....But I like the small size over the HKS.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hks Type 1 TT

Blitz DSBC <-- this is the one matt recommends so i figure its good enough for me

TurboXS H-RFL Bov - loud as shit; but thats what i like also its relatively cheap

peace

·
Registered
17,589 Posts
benjamin_lox said:
on aftermarket closed loop bov's, do they sound any louder than the stock, if so what kind of sound?
The stock waste gate is almost completely silent. So yes, ANY aftermarket BOV will be louder. TurboXS has some REALLY FUCKING loud bov's. The GReddy Type-S is generally described as 'louder than stock, but not too loud' ... lol, thats kind of vague, but thats what I'm looking for in a BOV. Something that recycles that compressed air, that also gives you a little bit of the sound.

I think there are sound clips of the TurboXS BOV's floating around somewhere... More than likely you can find a sound clip of the Type S as well. I'd do a search for you but I'm faaar too lazy :D

·
Team ***** #001
4,021 Posts

I don't know to mcuh about the closed loop BOV's but i know about the turboxs h-rfl. I have one and it's pretty damn loud. I have vids of me driving and you can hear it. Be a judge for yourslef. Goto www.thecarobsession.com then goto video archive....then goto the vid links of the white stealth TT that have boost junky in the tittle. Hope this helps

·
Registered
17,589 Posts
benjamin_lox said:
ya, that bov is pretty damn loud, what the hell did that guy in the vr4 do that he pulled so hard, was it a shot of nos, that damn thing launched
ooooh the joys of all wheel drive turbos....

lol, i can't help but feel like i'm following you around responding to everyone of your posts benjamin_lox ;) haha ... NO I AM NOT A STALKER! :bandit:

·
Team ***** #001
4,021 Posts
i have no idea

That's AGTBlank and i have no idea. I'm only running 9lbs of boost right now due to a %$#%& up MBC and he's running 17 with afc.....450's..and a 255lph...i have the 255lph in, but it's really not making to big of a deal since i don't have the rest of my stuff in. I hung with him in that one pull, but that last one i was EXTREMELY impressed. I didn't gun it because of traffic, but he shot off like a bat outta hell

·
Registered
156 Posts
lol, everyone needs a stalker it makes them feels special, or something like that, lol. aight gotcha, the traffic thing, ya it seemed like he just launched form a dead stop, but he was goin like 30 or something.

·
Registered
17,589 Posts
Re: i have no idea

stealthvader said:
That's AGTBlank and i have no idea. I'm only running 9lbs of boost right now due to a %$#%& up MBC and he's running 17 with afc.....450's..and a 255lph...i have the 255lph in, but it's really not making to big of a deal since i don't have the rest of my stuff in. I hung with him in that one pull, but that last one i was EXTREMELY impressed. I didn't gun it because of traffic, but he shot off like a bat outta hell
17 psi on 9b's?? Even with that extra fuel, is that a good idea?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.