Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I believe I am running the stock amount of boost (9psi?) and yes, I do have an aftermarket boost guage.....I haven't driven the car in about a good month, due to back in July a technician at a local tranny shop, went 60mph in it around a turn and wrecked it! So, it has actually been in the process of getting fixed all since july! Now, I have a guy replacing the wate rpump and timing belt due to a nasty coolant leak (was the water pump). Maybe I can have my guy check the gap on the plugs as you suggested....anything else? The lag at the top end is really annoying and prevents me from getting that "go-fast" feeling everytime.....it really is a drag because it doesn't happen all the time - only about 60 percent of the time.....could it be the plugs? Can I regap my current ones? I do notice that with the boost controller active, the lag is present all the time...... I am not even sure what model HKS boost controller I have...It was in the car when I bought it, and it is not listed on any websites currently as being for sale....all other stuff, I did to the car (new 18" GT1 Wheels/tires, new front left intercooler, new rebuilt tranny w/new hi-po clutch, water pump, all belts replaced, 67k miles (1991 Stealth TwinTurbo)....anyways, I am trying to get info on the boost controller, but can't, due to it being mounted in the glove box, with no show of stickers/tags for the model number.......it has Low/High/Manual buttons, along with a dial (labeled "Volume") to the right of the buttons that requires the Manual button be pressed in to use (I am guessing so you can adjust, MANUALLY, the volume of air)......please help if you know anything about this boost controller, and if so, what are the settings for (Low/high/Manual)? Forgive me, but I know little about these cars and am learning daily! Please let me know!!

Matt
Valparaiso, IN

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
Some help?

I don't really know how to use that boost controller, but I believe it is the original version HKS EVC I. Perhaps someone else knows how to use it? Sorry I can't be more help.

·
Former 3/S Addict
304 Posts
mattk408 said:
I am not even sure what model HKS boost controller I have...
That's the original HKS EVC.

Description of the HKS EVC function: **** "Provides immediate push button selection of preset levels of boost pressure, plus a return to actuator controlled boost by switching the unit off. All boost selections and adjustments are accessible from the cockpit of the vehicle which gives the driver the ability to change boost pressures "on the fly". You have the ability to learn your vehicles boost curve to reduce as much turbo lag as possible without over boosting." Face: "Low" for the lowest boost setting, "High" for the highest boost setting, "Manu" for the setting on the dial. Note: "Min" is normal boost pressure and "Max" is 150% of "Min". Rear Face: Dials for preselecting the levels of boost for the "Low" and "High" push buttons on the front of the unit. Right side socket is for valve harness. Left side socket is for optional extras. Unit is installed on drivers side of the firewall. Valve unit is mounted on the engine side. Connected by 10 pin coupler. Red wire from valve runs to the IG coil. Black is earthed to vehicle.
You can likely download the manual or request it from HKS's website.

Hope that helps...

-Patrick

·
Former 3/S Addict
304 Posts
BTW

BTW, I don't own, nor have ever used that EBC.

·
Former 3/S Addict
304 Posts
mattk408 said:
I am not even sure what model HKS boost controller I have...
That's the original HKS EVC.

Description of the HKS EVC function: **** "Provides immediate push button selection of preset levels of boost pressure, plus a return to actuator controlled boost by switching the unit off. All boost selections and adjustments are accessible from the cockpit of the vehicle which gives the driver the ability to change boost pressures "on the fly". You have the ability to learn your vehicles boost curve to reduce as much turbo lag as possible without over boosting." Face: "Low" for the lowest boost setting, "High" for the highest boost setting, "Manu" for the setting on the dial. Note: "Min" is normal boost pressure and "Max" is 150% of "Min". Rear Face: Dials for preselecting the levels of boost for the "Low" and "High" push buttons on the front of the unit. Right side socket is for valve harness. Left side socket is for optional extras. Unit is installed on drivers side of the firewall. Valve unit is mounted on the engine side. Connected by 10 pin coupler. Red wire from valve runs to the IG coil. Black is earthed to vehicle.
You can likely download the manual or request it from HKS's website.

Hope that helps...

-Patrick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.