Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok I'm finally going to buy a boost controler (Manual or electronic) for the Starion.
I would like to know what you guys recomend. I don't plan to run more than 17psi.

I Know that i should have serached before i posted this. Sorry.

·
Registered
703 Posts
hope this helps

greddy profec-b electronic boost controller $400 (electronic)

turbo-xs HPBC $130 (manual)

·
Registered
97 Posts
I run the apexi avcr and I love it. However many people on this board do not seem skilled enough to correctly program it. It is a very powerful tuning tool and is very useful if used correctly.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I had a 88 conquest previously and my roommate currently has a 89 conquest. We both used a manual boost controller. On my vr4 i have the HKS evc4 SI wich would work very nicly in a starion as well. It just depends what features you want from it.

·
www.carramrod.com/stealth
343 Posts
Hey,
Heres a link to a thread about manual boost controllers. John M has this one on his car...

http://www.3si.org/portal/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=114719

Scroll down and you will see John M (has 2 posts in that thread) loves it and it has no boost spike and holds boost well. You cant beat it for $19.98 shipped. If your interested, (I own Pro Boost) I will be more than happy to sell you one. Please email me at [email protected] If you dont choose mine, good luck with your search.

·
Professional Speeder
389 Posts
here is another guy who sells MBC. Its the granger ball and check valve type. it works great for controlling spikes and faster spool times. I have one and it works great, good quality peice.

you can email him at:
[email protected]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts