Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There seem to be quite a bit of bodykits around for our 3si cars. No one kit is doin' it for me, so I'm thinking of mixing and matching parts. Problem is I dont know if the lines will flow 2gether. There's few worse feelings than dropping 3-4 g's and your car looks like shit. This is wut I'm contemplating:

Kaze 4 light conversion
veilside or kaze front bumper
veilside, kaze, or bomex sideskirts
veilside spoiler/ kaze type 1 spoiler (note: not type 2)
bomex, veilside, or kaze rear bumper
kaze tail-light cover
bomex side mirrors

·
Registered
251 Posts
Actually I think the Kaze ZR3000 side skirts and rear fenders look kick arse on 1st gens.

·
Registered
491 Posts
The only decent-looking body kit for the 3000GT is the Extemor kit:
ARE YOU KIDDING?? That kit looks like ass...it's the worst one I have seen for a 3000 by FAAAAAR. I personally think the best body kit is NO body kit (they are so beautiful already, stock or at most a 99 conversion will beat a body kit anyday) but if you have to get one don't make it that one...eru, that isn't your car is it?

·
Registered
847 Posts
Stealth1109 said:

ARE YOU KIDDING?? That kit looks like ass...it's the worst one I have seen for a 3000 by FAAAAAR. I personally think the best body kit is NO body kit (they are so beautiful already, stock or at most a 99 conversion will beat a body kit anyday) but if you have to get one don't make it that one...eru, that isn't your car is it?
No, my car is still at the dealer. All the other body kits make the 3000GT look too fat.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I don't think any body kit is worth the money. The car look great as it is. Only thing I would do is a 99 conversion:D

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
eru said:
The only decent-looking body kit for the 3000GT is the Extemor kit:

mmmm...advan sa3r wheels...i love those with a passion.

black car w/ black sa3r's w/ the red lips (like amkreadgto's car, or antipope's car) looks badass.

screw the body kit..get those wheels :)

~matt

·
-
6,794 Posts

That shot of the car looks awesome..... but I think the front looks like ass. The Veilside kit looks alright, and I like those testorosa looking kaze sideskirts, but all the other kits suck. I'd mix and match stock body parts from different cars. I like:

- '99 front end
- 1G Stealth R/T and both gen 3000GT sideskirts
- 2G 3000GT rear bumper with the '94-'98 center light piece or...
- 2G Stealth R/T rear bumper with the R/T tail lights
- 3000GT sail panels
- '99 VR-4 spoiler, hoop spoiler, or regular 3KGT spoiler, depending on the car

etc, etc...

These were beautiful cars from the factory. Body kits just make them look like all the other riced out civics.

·
Registered
430 Posts
For the Internet impaired...

From 3sxperformance.com:

Love the look of the 1999 3000GT with that huge opening and the bubbled lights? Convert your car to get that look! We offer parts direct from Mitsubishi to complete the conversion. Bumper and inserts, headlights, corner lights, hood, and even a chrome Mitsubishi Diamonds emblem for your new bumper! Get the parts individually or as a package. If you get the hood or bumper, special freight shipping arrangements will have to be made as the boxes are huge and will not go through UPS (this will result in no shipping charges in the online shopping cart, but they will be added later). Bumper and hood colors can not be specifically ordered. Some modifications may be required to ensure proper fitment (particularly to the headlamp buckets). Cars which are 91-93 will require the hood for the conversion as the early hoods will not fit with the later headlights. Steve's car pictured above is a '94.

Got a question about the 99 parts? This should answer it!
Check out the extensive Photo FAQ about the 99 front end conversion!

1999 Mitsubishi Part 3SX Price
Front Bumper $479.95*
Bumper Inserts Pair L+R (fins by foglights) $59.95
Headlamp Pair L+R $1099.95
Corner Turn Signals Pair L+R $129.95
99 Style Hood $599.95*
Chrome 3D Diamonds Emblem (2-1/8") $14.95
99 Conversion Package!
Bumper + Inserts, Headlights + Corner Lights L+R $1599.95*
Save $170!
* Ordering the bumper or hood will result in no shipping charges being added to your order in the online shopping cart. Special arrangements will be made on an individual basis to ship these items using a freight company and shipping charges will be charged separately.

Qty: Parts: 99 Conversion Package!!Headlamps + Corner Lamps (Save $30!)Headlamps OnlyCorner Lamps OnlyBumper + InsertsBumper OnlyBumper Insert Fins99 Style HoodChrome Mitsubishi Diamonds Logo

1 - 20 of 21 Posts