Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this question probably been asked before, but I couldnt find it. So what are the difference in the bodies between the two generations?

Seems like th overall chasis and body are the same except for:

1. Hood
2. Front lights
3. Rear Spoiler
4. Side vents

Anything else Im missing?
I know they even have conversions were you can replace the lights and hood and rear spoiler on a first gen 3000gt to make it look like a 1998. So basically I guess this would look exactly like a 1998 right?

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
coustoe said:
so I guess if I wanted to do a 1st gen to 2nd gen conversion I would need to buy

1. front bumper
2. rear bumper
3. hood
4. front headlights
5. rear spoiler
6. side vents
the 1st gen spoiler is the same as the 94-96. you would also need the panel between the tail lights like in my sig

·
Formerlly Ps933kgt
6,968 Posts
RicYoon said:

i heard it don't cost too much but thinking it'd be a bitch to put in..
Ric
Actually its not that hard at all. Mine took about 2-3 hours to do them both. Mine took linger though becuase i had to work around my two seat conversion. If you dont have a two seat conversion i would estimate an hour to hour and a half for both

You really should do it it makes the car lines flow soooooooooo much better

·
twc4life
1,519 Posts
what exactly are door caps?? ive seen the term used before but i have no clue what they are, can someone explain them?? :)

as for the sail panels, the hardest part would be gettin the inside panels off. One the inside panels are off its like 3-5 bolts and they come right off, I took mine off to redo the trim and it was pretty easy.

·
Grrr, baby, grrr
6,119 Posts
If you really want to get into detail, the dash changed slightly, too. :D That's not really a part of the "body", though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts