Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Demoted user
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made some changes to the mysql configuration so the board runs better. So far it seems a lot faster but the current settings I have may still need some adjusting. It is difficult to find exact values for the settings but I think I almost have it right.

Please let me know if you notice any funny behavior.

-Stefan

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
behavior detected.....

It seems like I get this:
Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111) in /home/sites/site16/web/portal/forums/admin/db_mysql.php on line 40

There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.
Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

........More often then I get to browse the board lately. I know I'm not the only one, I talked with other people on AIM while they're having the same troubles.
Oh, and board speed for me seems to be reallllly slow alot lately. Again, not just me here either.

PLEASE tell me this is gonna get better? I've actually went and fell asleep in my bed waiting for pages to load recently :eek:
Mark

·
1,568 Posts
I also frequently get the same message as 96TTtrqmnstr and even with a cable connection the Board is extremely SLOW.

·
Premium Member
1,784 Posts
It has been terrible the last 2 days, yikes. I can barely ever get on.

This is not a knock on you, this is just to let you know I'm having trouble. Not a pesonal shot.

I have a cable modem at home and T1 at work, both places have been terrible.

It seems better now though, 5:30pm CST and is moving right along without any hiccups.

·
VR4 owner since 1993
584 Posts
I know this may not be very popular, but...

How about disabling The Lounge forum until the speed issues are resolved? Hopefully this will cut down on the amount of 'extraneous' board usage and speed access for those that actually want to discuss cars and not their girlfriend problems...
:rolleyes:

Anyway, just an idea...

-JD

1 - 6 of 6 Posts